Angela Merkel

Following on the Nicola Sturgeon thread.

With Angela Merkel standing down as German chancellor next year, would it be a good idea to sack Dominic Cummings and ask her to take on the job of telling Boris Johnson how to run the country?

4 minutes ago, barkerwilliams said:

No but we do need Nigel Farage as the new chairman of the BBC.

Alan

Am I right in thinking he is now available having been sacked by LBC?

Or maybe he should replace DC, who after all has become a bit of a liability.

Probably on an interim basis until Angela becomes available.

Edited by acaie
14 hours ago, peejay4A said:

I don't think Farage was sacked, his contract wasn't renewed.  Despicable man.

Dispicable man, or dispicable politics?

I say, someone really dislikes humour.

Have any of you ever met him? I have and Boris too.  both are very different to what you see in front of the camera. 

hoges. 

23 minutes ago, Paul Hogan said:

Have any of you ever met him? I have and Boris too.  both are very different to what you see in front of the camera. 

hoges. 

No Paul, neither

As  result, I don't know enough about either to have an opinion on their morals or actions

Their politics, I have an opinion on, because they are in the publiic domain

Love or hate Farage he talks some sense at times enough to have the rest of the jokers worried they might be out of a job. Shame he walked away after Brexit as things may well be different now.

Andy

2 hours ago, DavidBee said:

I say, someone really dislikes humour.

See what I mean? In the cosy comfort of your own anonymity. When I see zeros and minuses, I give them likes — just seems so unfriendly, I feel compelled to. 

Must say, humour's one thing I've always admired in Brits, whereas, a lack of it seems as foreign as I am (Italian passport).

Edited by DavidBee
More thoughts
9 hours ago, DavidBee said:

See what I mean? In the cosy comfort of your own anonymity. When I see zeros and minuses, I give them likes — just seems so unfriendly, I feel compelled to. 

Must say, humour's one thing I've always admired in Brits, whereas, a lack of it seems as foreign as I am (Italian passport).

I have no idea what this is about, is it something to do with comments on posts? I can never see who has actually commented on any posts. If I click on the little green square, nothing happens. I guess something in my site settings?

Nigel

15 minutes ago, Bleednipple said:

I have no idea what this is about, is it something to do with comments on posts? I can never see who has actually commented on any posts. If I click on the little green square, nothing happens. I guess something in my site settings?

Nigel

Me too.

Mick Richards

10 hours ago, DavidBee said:

Don't take it to heart David, they (was it male or female ? we can't tell on this forum) probably just meant it as a joke same as the posts you were applauding, life eh ?

Everybody's humour is different. I'm sure when you return to the more assured technical issues which are non judgemental all will be ok. 

Mick Richards

Just now, Lebro said:

It's the circle with the thumbs up symbol in it on the right hand side

Bob

I think Nigel ,means the green square with the thumbs up or down Bob, if I click on it nothing happens.

Mick Richards

32 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Me too.

Mick Richards

Yes, it is. It's about that. Anonymous posting and Netiquette, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Don't take it to heart David, they (was it male or female ? we can't tell on this forum) probably just meant it as a joke same as the posts you were applauding, life eh ?

Everybody's humour is different. I'm sure when you return to the more assured technical issues which are non judgemental all will be ok. 

Mick Richards

Oi!        It wasn’t me. I assume I am the only female on here and I do read ALL the tech stuff ( which I enjoy and mostly understand). I have been known to comment on tech stuff but not since the major changes on this forum.

Edited by SuzanneH
1 hour ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Mick Richards

Very true, Mick! I guess feelings run high with these kinds of topics. Brexit, Remainers and Leavers, Colonialism and so on and so forth. But there is such a thing as British humour, quite unique —something to be proud of — and civilized.

2 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I think Nigel ,means the green square with the thumbs up or down Bob, if I click on it nothing happens.

Mick Richards

Different platform perhaps, I don't have a green square ! ( PC)

Bob.

• brian -r locked, unlocked and locked this topic