Cylinder Head Removal

I'm having a nightmare removing 2 cylinder head studs.  I bought the stud removal tool, which removed the first 3 studs.  My last 2 are putting up a fight and i have managed to snap one flush with the head and the tool has stripped the threads of the other stud.  I have soaked them in pen oil, diesel and heated them.  I have discovered that there's a tool on the market called the Head Honcho.  Does anybody know where I can hire such tool?  My last resort would to drill out the studs and sacrifice the head.

Help :angry:

Harry

1 hour ago, HarryH said:

I'm having a nightmare removing 2 cylinder head studs.  I bought the stud removal tool, which removed the first 3 studs.  My last 2 are putting up a fight and i have managed to snap one flush with the head and the tool has stripped the threads of the other stud.  I have soaked them in pen oil, diesel and heated them.  I have discovered that there's a tool on the market called the Head Honcho.  Does anybody know where I can hire such tool?  My last resort would to drill out the studs and sacrifice the head.

Help :angry:

Harry

The club I think do have the tool but you`ll need to be a member to access it.

Stuart.

Hi Harry, welcome to the forum.
The TR Register had just such a tool for lending out to members, but sadly it "went missing", however I think they have recently sanctioned the purchase of another replacement, which they may already have. I suggest you contact the office or the TR7 registrar (details in TR Action) for an update before destroying your head.

Good luck
Ian

If the tool in question is the one purchased last year, 'TR7 Head removal tool' then the club does have one which is available for members to borrow. I'm afraid that there is a substantial deposit required (basically the tool cost) which is returned in full once the tool is returned undamaged.

One of the many benefits of membership...… but I would say that wouldn't I

Cheers

Malcolm

23 hours ago, Malcolm Tatton said:

If the tool in question is the one purchased last year, 'TR7 Head removal tool' then the club does have one which is available for members to borrow. I'm afraid that there is a substantial deposit required (basically the tool cost) which is returned in full once the tool is returned undamaged.

One of the many benefits of membership...… but I would say that wouldn't I

Cheers

Malcolm

Malcolm thanks for your prompt and honest reply.

More than happy to join as a member and take full advantages of the membership benefits.

If I complete my registration today, how quickly could I hire the "TR7 Head removal tool"?  

Fully understand the deposit requirements.

Cheers 

Harry

Edited by HarryH
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...