placement of bonnet lever pull

Hi all

PO had a homemade bonnet pull and I have a 'new' or original.  Can someone be so good as to tell me how the pull mechanism is fitted to the dash?  I found two holes under the glovebox but it makes no real sense how its fitted or the cable is routed,

Thanks

Rich

7 hours ago, Mark69 said:

I have a spare one , happy to post. If needed.

Mark

thanks . .!  why on earth though would someone cut this off . .and does it not get in the way of the passengers foot?

Thanks

Richard

1 hour ago, AarhusTr6 said:

thanks . .!  why on earth though would someone cut this off . .and does it not get in the way of the passengers foot?

Thanks

Richard

Richard ,it’s just under the dash Shouldn’t foul feet or legs ,on yours it will be drivers side.
I picked up a spare one intending to use as a secondary  safety pull ,but fitted the lever type one Instead.

Mark.

22 minutes ago, Mark69 said:

Richard ,it’s just under the dash Shouldn’t foul feet or legs ,on yours it will be drivers side.
I picked up a spare one intending to use as a secondary  safety pull ,but fitted the lever type one Instead.

Mark.

Hi

Mine is a LHD, dont it make sense to put on passenger side?!  Anyway, heading to man cave and I have the trim off as I put new door straps in, so will check

Richard

I found it!!!   it is on the driver side so for me on the left but looking into the engine bay it really makes sense if I place it on the right hand side so if you have this this piece of metal and are happy to post to Denmark I would happily also pay for whatever costs or what it is worth

Richard

1 hour ago, AarhusTr6 said:

I found it!!!   it is on the driver side so for me on the left but looking into the engine bay it really makes sense if I place it on the right hand side so if you have this this piece of metal and are happy to post to Denmark I would happily also pay for whatever costs or what it is worth

Richard

Theyre not difficult to make, I`ve done this on several cars and then use a TR4/4a bonnet pull cable.

Stuart.

13 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Stuart - -why a TR4 bonnet pull?

Rich

Their cable is on the right hand side and works much more direct on the catch therefore the cable is shorter.

Stuart.