Your Long Term Ownership

This has probably been done before, but I saw in another post Opie has had his TR for 51 years.

Are there others with the same TR in long term ownership? 
Then and now pictures would be good too.

mine is only 4 years this summer.

I am glad Hamish thought of this. Geeat idea! I really like seeing your old photos, like the one of Bob and his girlfriend, and wife-to-be turning round and waving from his TR3. Or another one covered in snow, remember? Quite enchanting.

Well...I've only had my car for 7 years. A positive TR newbie  to say the least. This is a picture of the first say I saw SVN . 

A few months later, sorted out by Stuart , and now the car I've always wanted. My son will the next custodian.He was gutted when I was thinking of getting a TR250 instead !!! I'm really happy that I've kept SVN. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gordon Bayley said:

This TR6 39 years but Iv had other before and after but this one is staying, it was my every day car in the 80s and I would tow a trailer with boilers and my tools in .

Top.BMP.jpg

Nice! I like the photo! 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, Gordon Bayley said:

This TR6 39 years but Iv had other before and after but this one is staying, it was my every day car in the 80s and I would tow a trailer with boilers and my tools in .

Top.BMP.jpg

And 300 cars later.........45 years

129 Car finished 4.jpg

1966 World Cup and spotted a red 3a For sale outside The Prospect of Whitby pub beside the river. Rusty old heap and people tyre kicking and saying it will never sell. My girlfriend said dont’t you want it and suddenly I did. Had to buy it on the Wednesday before it came out in Exchange and Mart on Thursday.  £125.00 and it ran out of petrol ️ on the way home !!!                                                               

2 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

1966 World Cup and spotted a red 3a For sale outside The Prospect of Whitby pub beside the river. Rusty old heap and people tyre kicking and saying it will never sell. My girlfriend said dont’t you want it and suddenly I did. Had to buy it on the Wednesday before it came out in Exchange and Mart on Thursday.  £125.00 and it ran out of petrol ️ on the way home !!!                  

A LIKE-worthy story... where is it now, I wonder, Richard?

On 6/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, Peter Cobbold said:

41 years. Never took photos of the 6 back then, it was  just the daily driver, for gettting around, sun or snow.

Peter

Nowadays its a bit different...........

image.png.2abdbb2441bd3e0e8c7d9977819a19b1.png

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

A LIKE-worthy story... where is it now, I wonder, Richard?

Out in the garden waiting for a new exhaust. I am sorry that I did not make it clear that I have kept it all these years.

Richard & B.

1 hour ago, Richardtr3a said:

Out in the garden waiting for a new exhaust. [...] I have kept it all these years. Richard & B.

Rusty old heap... I can get away with posting a HEART for a LIKE, since I'm Italian born and bred (except Prep School in London). 

Seriously, though, I find it quite surprising.

Apologies, double posting in error.

Edited by DavidBee