New 1962, whoops, 1960 TR3 A Owner

1 hour ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Have you got someone who can weld?

If so order the regular pipe. 130039SS. Plus the switch if you cannot get it in Canada.  Then get a M22 nut welded to your new pipe to accept the switch.

Switch specs.  You are looking at Intermotor 50120

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=152082

Cheers

PeterW

Could you Tig weld that?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plus 1 on David Tushingham Cheftush. nice guy who's has done some restorations of seriously decayed TR's. In Ontario and knows a lot about the cars, can put you onto "Yank" terminology and also s

David, if you have registered and can log on to the members only part of the site you can access workshop manuals etc from there and should be able to find a wiring diagram. The horn button simply ear

Hi David, Nice car, pretty sure that there must be more TR owners in your area. Enjoy the TR! Yves

Posted Images

8 hours ago, David Owen said:

Could you Tig weld that?

Someone who can TIG weld can attach the nut to the pipe.  
A hole is needed in the pipe for the temperature bulb to pass through.   Work out where the nut should be before drilling as the temperature sender needs to have clearance around it when fitted for wires.

Peter W

Hmmm...so I have ordered a new "correct" temp gauge.  One of the reasons I was delaying this is because I wanted to correct the fuel line run first.  However, in order to reduce the number of electrical components in the car, mostly out of self preservation, I was wondering if the gauge would function properly if I ran the capillary along the heater pipe until I get the fuel line rerouted. 

Yes that should work.  Just avoid bending the capillary too sharply (or too frequently as it might work-harden). 

7 hours ago, David Owen said:

Hmmm...so I have ordered a new "correct" temp gauge.  One of the reasons I was delaying this is because I wanted to correct the fuel line run first.  However, in order to reduce the number of electrical components in the car, mostly out of self preservation, I was wondering if the gauge would function properly if I ran the capillary along the heater pipe until I get the fuel line rerouted. 

I have mine clipped to the heater pipe instead of the fuel line and it seems to work OK. 

Rgds Ian

47 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

I have mine clipped to the heater pipe instead of the fuel line and it seems to work OK. 

Rgds Ian

Mine too.

its a sods law rule if you have a spare you never need it.

33 minutes ago, Hamish said:

OOOhhhhhhh so nice.......that has divorce written all over it.

That is a very dangerous website.

Edited by David Owen
2 hours ago, David Owen said:

OOOhhhhhhh so nice.......that has divorce written all over it.

That is a very dangerous website.

No it’s ok

its a 2 seater !!!!   :lol: :ph34r:

Ha ha not that you would hear anything in that long wheelbase 49

Question:  The wingnut for the dash panel(V242 Moss Europe) is that a universal size wing nut?  I have 2 knurled knobs for the bottom of the panel but there wasn't anything on the top.  I tried the part # on Moss US without any results.

My eventual order from Moss Europe is growing. :rolleyes:

Edited by David Owen

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/interior/dashboards-consoles/dashboard-tr2-3a-1953-62.html

Wing nut item 78   4 off.   Not sure what the thread is, but should be two at the top, & two at the bottom. The top ones fit into slots in the dash, so never need to be taken completely off.

Bob

Edited by Lebro
57 minutes ago, Lebro said:

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/interior/dashboards-consoles/dashboard-tr2-3a-1953-62.html

Wing nut item 78   4 off.   Not sure what the thread is, but should be two at the top, & two at the bottom. The top ones fit into slots in the dash, so never need to be taken completely off.

Bob

Thanks Bob...IT LIVES.....lots more to do though.  Fun 10 minute drive.

1923304429_TR3AJune4.JPG.37bc855e94c022aea899fe6f0d8df4ef.JPG

10 hours ago, David Owen said:

Question:  The wingnut for the dash panel(V242 Moss Europe) is that a universal size wing nut?  I have 2 knurled knobs for the bottom of the panel but there wasn't anything on the top.  I tried the part # on Moss US without any results.

My eventual order from Moss Europe is growing. :rolleyes:

I found it a struggle to get my hand in to tighten the 2 top wingnuts , so in the end I locked 2 ordinary nuts together on each of the top studs leaving about 3mm gap, so now I can just slide the top of the panel up into the slots and secure with the wingnuts on the bottom 2 studs.

Ralph

1 hour ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

I found it a struggle to get my hand in to tighten the 2 top wingnuts , so in the end I locked 2 ordinary nuts together on each of the top studs leaving about 3mm gap, so now I can just slide the top of the panel up into the slots and secure with the wingnuts on the bottom 2 studs.

Ralph

Thats the other bonus with a T7 Design heater as theyre so much more compact you can easily get to everything behind the centre panel including those wingnuts.

Stuart.

4 hours ago, stuart said:

Thats the other bonus with a T7 Design heater as theyre so much more compact you can easily get to everything behind the centre panel including those wingnuts.

Stuart.

Yes you can.  It's great.  Thank you for recommending that.