New 1962, whoops, 1960 TR3 A Owner

5 hours ago, DavidBee said:

Beautifully turned out 3A, Peter.

I'm trying to guess why the rear blinkers are white?

I am guessing Peter uses LED rear light bulbs to give a yellow indicator light and the white sidelamp element is wired to reversing light switch. Something I would have done with mine if I had realised these bulbs were available. My rear panel already had holes cut in by PO for seperate reversing lights so I kept them, but Peter`s idea is much neater.

20160324_142105.jpg

20210503_074759.jpg

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plus 1 on David Tushingham Cheftush. nice guy who's has done some restorations of seriously decayed TR's. In Ontario and knows a lot about the cars, can put you onto "Yank" terminology and also s

David, if you have registered and can log on to the members only part of the site you can access workshop manuals etc from there and should be able to find a wiring diagram. The horn button simply ear

Hi David, Nice car, pretty sure that there must be more TR owners in your area. Enjoy the TR! Yves

Posted Images

Yes correct.

White lenses on the rear containing LED bulbs that will change colour depending on the connections made.  Orange for indicator and white for reversing.  Same arrangement on the front grille for sidelamps/daytime running lamps and indicators.

Bob will be along in a while and tell us about theexcellent  LED conversions he makes for the rear lamps that are also fitted to my car.

These are the items fitted  https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/indicator-bulbs/products/bay15d-1157-warm-white-and-amber-tail-sidelight-and-indicator-combined-led-380

Cheers

Peter W

3 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Yes correct.

White lenses on the rear containing LED bulbs that will change colour depending on the connections made.  Orange for indicator and white for reversing.  Same arrangement on the front grille for sidelamps/daytime running lamps and indicators.

Bob will be along in a while and tell us about theexcellent  LED conversions he makes for the rear lamps that are also fitted to my car.

These are the items fitted  https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/indicator-bulbs/products/bay15d-1157-warm-white-and-amber-tail-sidelight-and-indicator-combined-led-380

Cheers

Peter W

Bob's rear LED lamps should be a standard safety feature.