New 1962, whoops, 1960 TR3 A Owner

4 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Looking at your picture of the wing bead and tags, I pop riveted my tags to the wing with very small stainless blind rivets. It made replacing the front shroud a whole lot easier. 

Rgds Ian

Thanks Ian,  I was wondering about what to do with that.  That will prevent damage while I wait for several other things to arrive.  Looks like the shop re-coring the radiator will take some time to get it back to me.  Also, the new led's for the headlights are taking forever to get here, among other things.

In the mean time I am learning a ton by watching what is going on elsewhere via this forum. Although I still have to look up helicoil.

Ralph, chocolate is a staple.  As is a decent bottle of wine.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plus 1 on David Tushingham Cheftush. nice guy who's has done some restorations of seriously decayed TR's. In Ontario and knows a lot about the cars, can put you onto "Yank" terminology and also s

David, if you have registered and can log on to the members only part of the site you can access workshop manuals etc from there and should be able to find a wiring diagram. The horn button simply ear

Hi David, Nice car, pretty sure that there must be more TR owners in your area. Enjoy the TR! Yves

Posted Images

3 hours ago, David Owen said:

Thanks Ian,  I was wondering about what to do with that.  That will prevent damage while I wait for several other things to arrive.  Looks like the shop re-coring the radiator will take some time to get it back to me.  Also, the new led's for the headlights are taking forever to get here, among other things.

In the mean time I am learning a ton by watching what is going on elsewhere via this forum. Although I still have to look up helicoil.

Ralph, chocolate is a staple.  As is a decent bottle of wine.

Bit of light reading for you David, after you have shovelled the snow.

https://www.boellhoff.com/gb-en/products-and-services/assembly-technology/assembly-helicoil-inserts.php

Cheers

Peter W

31 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Bit of light reading for you David, after you have shovelled the snow.

https://www.boellhoff.com/gb-en/products-and-services/assembly-technology/assembly-helicoil-inserts.php

Cheers

Peter W

Thanks Peter, and Roger. Hopefully I don't become too familiar with that sort of rescue operation.  Our first ski trip has been cancelled (unsurprisingly) so that adds a free week for me before Christmas.  My wife mentioned something about wanting to get her car in the garage and seems to think that week would be a good time to make that happen.  So it very well could be an uninterrupted week of working on the car.  I just need to figure out how to convince her to bring my meals to me.  She will likely suggest a slingshot.

Favourite picture of the summer taken by a stalker we know.  Taken before Bob's Bulb's were installed, the tail lights are still upside down.  I knew something was wrong but it didn't even occur to me you could install the assembly upside down.  Also taken after my wife bought her new pandemic "hair-cutting kit" from Amazon.  "Whoops"  "What's the matter?".  "Ohhh, nothing"  Not an exchange you want to have with your wife when she's cutting your hair for the first time ever.

Resized.jpeg.fadd82ec7a056c8cb63f9eea0dcfc7ea.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Hamish said:

But the lenses are correct way up aren’t they ?!

Yes.  But if you stared it it long enough it looked off and I couldn't figure out why for some time.  Then again that might have been my reflection. 

Staring at the car during the summer was a favourite pastime, that and watching all 103 videos of David Tushingham's 1959 TR3A restoration project and reading everything on here that was even remotely related.  I now get quite indignant when any of my friends walk into the garage, take one look at the car, and then look at me and say "how the #$%^ are YOU going to put that back together?".

But I will. :D

OH and BTW my work area is now officially a mess.  :lol:

Edited by David Owen

Looks like a TR to me.

Ralph

9 minutes ago, foster461 said:

You need both.

No.  I need 4 TR3As. 

One driver. Check 

One immaculate conception.  Missing.

One identical to Hamish's only LHD.  Missing.

And one blasphemous one converted to electric.  Missing.

:rolleyes:

Edited by David Owen

Roger was correct.  I lost 2-1 to the tapered screws in the gearbox cover.  And I thought I was being very careful.  Oh well, I'll have the screws removed on Monday.  3 new ones were ordered a week ago.  Should be here by June.  :rolleyes:

Lots of other stuff to do so not a big delay.

9 hours ago, David Owen said:

No.  I need 4 TR3As. 

One driver. Check 

One immaculate conception.  Missing.

One identical to Hamish's only LHD.  Missing.

And one blasphemous one converted to electric.  Missing.

:rolleyes:

Compliment indeed

thank you :o

h

On 6/14/2020 at 5:59 AM, foster461 said:

My TR3a is TS66329 built in January 1960 which is why I think your car is also a 1960 car since it was only 5000 or so cars later. The TR3B's which were built in 1962 are a slightly different animal with TR4 engine and gearbox and with totally different commission numbers. All great cars and we love every one of them.

Stan

Hi Stan, noticed your commission number, very close to mine, TS66339L. Powder blue.

Still restoring it, as most of my time in the last years went into the TR4 restoration, finished last year.

greetings from the Netherlands,

Ben

3 hours ago, BenVer said:

Hi Stan, noticed your commission number, very close to mine, TS66339L. Powder blue.

Still restoring it, as most of my time in the last years went into the TR4 restoration, finished last year.

greetings from the Netherlands,

Ben

Very cool Ben. They were probably close to each other on the production line on the 15th Jan 1960. Wishing you all the best with your project.

Stan