TR5/250 Wiper Motor

Can anyone help me please? I'm looking for an original Lucas two speed motor for my 250,as the one that I inherited is a single speed unit. Whilst I appreciate that these are like "hens teeth", has anybody got one surplus to their requirements or perhaps know where I might be able to source one. Thanks in advance.

Have you contacted/ send a personal message (PM) to  AlanT    He is our resident wiper motor man?

He can convert your single speed to a 2 speed  I believe.

Cheers

Peter W

PS  link to AlanT profile where you con send a message https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/profile/11259-alant/Insert other media

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Alan rebuilt my original one. Very helpful and thorough. Definitely recommend his services.

Tim

What you are looking for is part number 75568, 2-speed with a 120 sweep, also used on some Minis.

About two turn up on eBay per year.  I try to buy them.  But they sometimes get too expensive.  About £80 is my limit for one that needs a rebuild.

So I take a B90 service-spare or a 75450 from a Morris Minor, lots of these about, and use it to make a replica 75568.  This means getting the correct 120 degree gear, or making one and adding the resistance overwind.  I also use the correct end-cap for motors with a flying lead rather than push on terminals.

Buying up all these bits means this is not a cheap thing to do.  There is about £5 in wire to do the overwind!

These replicas are identical in appearance and performance to the original but just don't show the 75568 number on the plate. Unless you are into Concours or just very picky they suit 4A,5 and 250 perfectly.

The limiting factor is usually the 120-degree gear but I just bought one and I'll have a replica on eBay in the next few weeks.