Very cool clapped out tr3

15919849372096512374725647443090-01-02.jpeg.ba5e5da7a4890b128187949026bfd76f.jpeg

Reminds me of Pogo's car. The cool alternative to Concours.

Should be a Register Patina-Prize, i.e. Best Road-going Patina Car — sidescreen TR (actually any TR) at International Weekends.

Edited by DavidBee
Image so when link lost, still there

This is going to get much bigger I think. The 'survivor' look, I mean. Cars with genuine patina will be as prized as concours restorations, probably more so in fact.

Another factor is the growth in classic motorsport esp rallying, hillclimbs et al. No point trying to keep a car pristine if it's going to get a bad case of gravel rash several times a year. And maybe a lot more general demand for weekend-drive classics as mainstream cars go EV.

Nigel

I’ve always been drawn to the oily rags rather than trailer queens at car shows. IMHO they are much more interesting. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, Ocheye said:

I’ve always been drawn to the oily rags

Och aye!

P.S. For whoever put their anonymous disaproval of my quip, let it be known that my mother was a Scot and I wrote this in kinship.

Edited by DavidBee
On 6/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, TorontoTim said:

I'm guessing it's because some states are so dry that you can leave cars like that without the risk that one day you just have a small pile of orangy-brown dust left in your garage. 

Sun baked and slow roasted at 120°F for 60 years.  :)

Cheers, Deggers

44 minutes ago, barkerwilliams said:

Anyone know what the fade out music is in the video above please?

Hi Alan, good isn't it, but sadly it's licensed library music commissioned for the show. It's not actually commercially available.

However, there is a longer version of the theme at the end of another 'Barn Hunters' episode. Youtube link HERE (starting at 19'28")

Cheers, Deggers