Slave TRade Statues - your views.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, Tony_C said:

Well done Crawfie (again)...........

You’ve got to feel for the poor pigeons..... nowhere left to sit and s@#* if this carries on like it is.....

Following on.....

8F2AB857-0F6E-491F-ACC2-8FAE86A5538A.jpeg

3D438177-5C2F-4733-A9EA-DC4CC50F4D72.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bleednipple said:

As far as I've seen, the use of the term "thugs" has been limited to the tabloid press - and of course the PM and several other government ministers yesterday. You'd have to ask them why they choose the terms they do. 

Are they not part of the institution, It’s wider than those, but I don’t really care who states it, whether it’s the PM, minister, the mayor of London, Tabloids, if your black your white, putting people into different pigeon hole divide people and when it is intended to suggest one camp is better than the other you get exactly what we have now. 

If others have not seen this I’m pleased for them. But it’s obvious to me until,  it’s them not us attitude changes, nothing else will.

Yes irony has been piled on irony in the past week. On Saturday some people (I never said "far-right hooligans" or "so called protesters", Priti said that) in Trafalgar Square said they were protecting the statues from some other people who mostly had already decided not to show up. They then decided to attack the police, who were there to protect the statues.

Down the road, one of the statues (in a big box) being protected by the people is of a man who was prime minister when most people (black and white) were trying to prevent the Nazis from invading the country. On Saturday some of the people who were protecting his statue were celebrating it by doing Nazi salutes to the police, who were protecting his statue.

Meanwhile on the South Coast some people in uniforms (with woggles) were peacefully protecting a statue of a man who had thought that a book written by the boss of the Nazis was quite a good read.

I need a lie down.

1 hour ago, Derek Hurford said:

Are they not part of the institution, It’s wider than those, but I don’t really care who states it, whether it’s the PM, minister, the mayor of London, Tabloids, if your black your white, putting people into different pigeon hole divide people and when it is intended to suggest one camp is better than the other you get exactly what we have now. 

If others have not seen this I’m pleased for them. But it’s obvious to me until,  it’s them not us attitude changes, nothing else will.

Derek, once again the Press and News Readers have a lot to answer for.

853257A6-4DB3-475A-8E7C-6C91172B1483.jpeg

8 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

"Antagonists"  with "antagonism" the word you want?

Politics has a circular spectrum.  Go far enough to either extreme and you reach another -ism, fascism.

Fritz Zwicki (father of dark matter) coined the phrase "SPHERICAL BASTARDS".     Bastards whichever way you look at them.

Interesting interview this morning by Jim Al-Khalili (Radio 4's The Life Scientific series) of a psychologist called Clifford Stott, whose career has been in researching how crowds behave and how they sometimes become violent. He spent a lot of time analysing the 2011 riots and has advised police forces on the subject, and also UEFA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015sqc7/episodes/guide

Nigel