TR4A Heater or no Heater

Hi All,

A friend has just purchased a 4A, not yet a member but i'm working on it, which has been imported from Australia. It has no heater assembly or any associated controls, internal or on the engine. Did Triumph export to warmer climates with the heater as an optional extra? He wants to retrofit one so should he buy all components new or source second ones? Money I expect is the determining factor.

I have sent detail to Jon the registrar as it may not appear in his records.

Regards

Andy C

TR4A

HOW591D

I believe back then you could still order them without heater, theres plenty of parts available s/hand for them Im sure

Stuart.

Andy I'm sure the likes of TRBitz , TRGB , TR Trader , etc would be able to sort out some secondhand stuff for the car.Plus some new stuff e.g  rubber hoses and heater valve assembly.

Bob

Edited by bob-menhennett
extra info

Andy,

As a matter of interest, how did your friend come to purchase and import a TR from here in Australia.

I sometimes contemplate selling my TR, and think the best selling avenue would probably be the UK.

Hi Andy,

if your friend does fit a heater try to make it the original model not one of these fancy modern flame thrower type things.

The original, suitably updated, works very well.   Also get one of these   Heater Valve

Also read the thread in the 4/4A forum about upgrading the heater

Roger

Andy - I can help your friend with most if not all of the parts he needs - have sent you a PM ( personal message - click on envelope icon in the top right hand corner of the page.)

Cheers Rich