Does anyone know about this TR 4? I have a wee bit of information.

And this information is freely available online:

It's on the road (not SORN), taxed, first registered in March 1963. Manufactured that same year, 2138cc., red.

Last logbook V5C issued on 10 May 2012. Last MOT expired 16 May 2014. Did just over 10,000 miles since rebuild, and only 1,000 between 2006 and 2013.

Very nice, Jim! Which issue of the magazine was it, do you happen to know?

What I know is the name of the restorer, Mark Mason, who told me the car won Register Concours "6 years on the trot". I wonder if it is in the Register now?

Edited by DavidBee
extra question

Thanks, Jimmy! That is very helpful, You see, I want to add this information to my story about Inverness registered KST 277, my new TR3, which was restored by the same person, Mark Mason. The story appears in the TR2/3/3A Forum on page 2.

It was Mark who told me the number plate. Maybe the TR4 Registrar may know if it is still in the Club? It means I can also ask him if he remembers whether he restored KST 277 first, in which case, it would have been before 1990.

1 hour ago, DavidBee said:

What I know is the name of the restorer, Mark Mason, who told me the car won Register Concours "6 years on the trot".

I believe he won the TR Bitz concours in 1989, the first year my 4A was on the road. It was also my first concours, I had very little idea what to expect, and came a very poor last, but that nice Mr Sykes gave me a distance prize for driving to Lymm from Cardiff in a rainstorm.

Pete

How nice, to read these recollections of yours, Pete! It is also very nice when you have accuracy, adds weight to what you say.

I was probably there, but cannot remember. I had OGB 800 at the time.

IIRC someone entered a TR2, but turned up with it on a trailer behind a Range Rover. He was told to park somewhere else, and DRIVE the TR2 into the venue. He grudgingly complied, then jacked up each corner in turn, and washed/waxed under each wing. I just threw a bucket of water over mine.

Pete

Pete, my TR2 was used to commute to Oxford fie days a week and attend club dos, and autotests, and rallies too. It was parked in the street. I didn't have a garage. I was a bit ignorant. but l loved my car and with the help of TR friends, I learned a thing or two. When I say rallies, I mean competitive motorsport, I had little time for polishing, but liked to see nicely turned out motors too.

Edited by DavidBee

:D:D  exactly, it never was. It was constantly being improved, but never cossetted!

As many of you who have seen my 3a will know I’m not very good with polishing. 

but I do know that you can have a very well used and enjoyed car and it still be immaculate.

Mike from the Redrose group is always out in his car and regularly does long tours and he works, this car always looks pristine. A real credit to his TR enthusiasm.

this is his 

1E1F7B78-8024-4845-BBAB-CAFAF18F8A7F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

but I do know that you can have a very well used and enjoyed car and it still be immaculate... long tours ...  car always looks pristine. A real credit to his TR enthusiasm.

Yes Hamish. Totally.

Well used and still well turned out. That's an aesthetic in itself, mixture of use value and... a sense of belonging and pride