TR4A windscreen to door glass seal

Hi Guys,

Advise required as what is the seal arrangement between   windscreen and door glass on a TR4A.

Unlike the TR5/6 there is a 'U' channel spot welded to the frame, that takes a seal in the same manor as the hood seal on the head frame. However I cannot see any seals illustrated  in the Moss catalogue.

Also I assume there is a similar furfex seal to the door seal, possible without the rubber part,  that also pushes over the edge flange on the windscreen.

Thanks 

Rich

Hi Rich,

on the 4/4A it is a two piece seal.

Furflex on the raised flange all around the door and a rubber seal that fits into the 'U' channel.

The furflex is not commonly available. The rubber seal is available but many varieties.

The seal I have has a soft body with a harder foot - this is good as it fits into the 'U' channel nicely.  The variety with the soft foot is a swine to fit.

TRF in the US do the hard foot variety.  

Woolies do a number of 'fiurflex' type things. Something must work.

Moss seals  Seals

Roger

Edited by RogerH
14 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Rich,

on the 4/4A it is a two piece seal.

Furflex on the raised flange all around the door and a rubber seal that fits into the 'U' channel.

The furflex is not commonly available. The rubber seal is available but many varieties.

The seal I have has a soft body with a harder foot - this is good as it fits into the 'U' channel nicely.  The variety with the soft foot is a swine to fit.

TRF in the US do the hard foot variety.  

Woolies do a number of 'fiurflex' type things. Something must work.

Moss seals  Seals

Roger

I think you mean the one with the hard foot is hard to fit and the softer foot variety which is the new Moss one is a lot easier to fit and works well.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, but I can't seem to find any reference to the seal you refer to in my TR4/4A catalogue? have you got a Moss part number please.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Stuart,

I found that although the hard foot seal was harder to put in - it would stay put.

The soft foot seal was easier to put in  but also easier to drop out.

I know I must be doing it wrong but that is what I found.

Roger

3 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Stuart,

I found that although the hard foot seal was harder to put in - it would stay put.

The soft foot seal was easier to put in  but also easier to drop out.

I know I must be doing it wrong but that is what I found.

Roger

Interesting, It could be the difference between original and repro channel as well as I think they are fractionally different. Also the hard foot offering from a while ago the foot used to part company with the rest very easily.

Stuart.

3 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Stuart,

indeed - the repro channel is probably the cause.

Roger

Interestingly the channel on the TR is the same as used round the doors on Series 1 XJ6.But their door seals are tubes on a foot.

Stuart.

Hi Guys,

Nice informative chatter on the problem of fitting the seal, hard or soft foot, but what about a supplier/part number? No sign in any of the usual catalogues.

Much appreciated if any body can supply  this imformation.

Thanks 

Rich