Help Contacting Neil Ferguson/ K_raven_Smith

Good Day All,

This is my first post here, and certainly not what I would wish a first post to a new forum would be.
I'm trying to get some help contacting Neil Ferguson the PI guru. I've tried phone and email to no avail, I was wondering if anyone local could contact him in person on my behalf (I appreciate the difficulties of doing that what with the Covid pandemic).

The situation is last year I had sent Neil a complete PI system (log, mu, filter, pump, throttle bodies, injectors, throttle body alingment tool) to have the MU and injectors refurbished. This was in August. In December the work was finished and I paid for the service + some spare parts. The items were to be shipped out in the months since then, first in January then the last I heard he said he would ship in early April. Since then I've not heard from him as to what's going on with my PI system.

I'd appreciate any help offered with this matter.

Kind Regards,
AJ

Hi AJ,  

Have sent you a PM,   top right click on the envelope,  should have a red number next to it. Its on the Forum home page.

Have some info for you that should help.

Cheers Conrad 

AJ, too late for you, but I can recommend Carl Fitchett of TRtrader.   He has taken on Malcolm Jones' Prestige business, as Malcolm retires and remains as consultant.    Recently, I have found Carl a rapid and helpful responder, for advice and orders.

I have been in contact with Neil in the last week through his eBay account. He has been very responsive to my questions, usually getting back in touch within an hour or so. He also turned around my order for a set of refurbished injectors within a week. I know this doesn't help you but it does confirm he is still operating as normal.

Conrad, thanks again for your pm. No luck as yet unfortunately.

Richard, 

That's good news/bad news I suppose, good that he's clearly around, bad that he's seemingly ignoring me.

John,

Thanks for that info, it may come in handy in the future.

AJ

Edited by saleon
spelling
  • 1 month later...

An update to this story.

I had managed to get hold of Neil via phone on the 10th of June. He had expressed regret at not taking care of me in a timely manner, and had promised to get the system shipped out that Friday, then the Friday after that. Since them I've been unable to reach him via phone or email. If this continues into August, it will have been a year that he's had my parts. I've about reached the limits of my patience.

Edited by saleon
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's now been a year. I've been unable to get a hold of Neil since June, and my friends in the UK have had no luck either, all the while I can see he's still active selling on ebay...Is there anyone local to him who might be able to check in in person? Otherwise I'll be seeing if local authorities can help out.

Have you tried contacting eBay about this seller and reporting his behaviour to them, this may prevent others having the same experience as you?

Over the years of reading this forum I have formed an opinion of this person, that is not necessarily a good one but people still continue to be fooled.

if you Google K Raven Smith and go to the TSSC entries for 2013 and 2016 you will see what I mean, others have had the same experience as you are having now.

Just my thoughts and I am sorry that you have been put in this unfortunate position.

Edited by SuzanneH

Hi Suzanne,

I have recommended Neil on here seceral times, as my experience with his work was very good and for a modest cost. I think many others on here have the same experience, because every time this pops up on the forum there are several “+1” for a recommendation.
But it appears in some occasions it goes terribly wrong. We all make errors in our work (I’m good at it too), what is really important is how you deal with that once it becomes apparent. I have had several disappointments with parts quality during my TR6 restoration and in resolving them I found some companies are better in that respect than others.

Unfortunately Neil Ferguson has not responded here. But there are clearly issues to be resolved, you cannot leave issues like this unresolved. 

I appreciate the openness on this forum on supplier issues by the way. 

Best Regards,
Waldi

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

This situation is resolved. Through the help of some others who reached out to Neil on my behalf, and to whom i'm very grateful, Neil contacted me and posted my parts last week , they have arrived on my doorstep today.

Thank-you all for your support, I can now get back into building this PI GT6.

Glad to hear that you were able to receive your items and great that you got some support via the forum - well done! 

....... Andy

11 hours ago, saleon said:

Dear All,

This situation is resolved. Through the help of some others who reached out to Neil on my behalf, and to whom i'm very grateful, Neil contacted me and posted my parts last week , they have arrived on my doorstep today.

Thank-you all for your support, I can now get back into building this PI GT6.

Anonymous LIKE from me. Glad you got this resolved.

Great news! Goes to show how well mutual help can work. Delighted for you.