Spin-on oil filter

Hi

I have bought a new oil filter and was just asking you guys if this is one of those spin on adaptors and also if I should try to reposition it so it is more vertical??

Richard 

IMG_20200607_200737.jpg

You need to loosen the centre bolt and lower it as much as possible without fouling the clutch slave cylinder. One of the main advantages of a spin adapter is that they hold oil for start up if they are positioned so they are full of oil at start up.

2 hours ago, Waldi said:

And fit the oil cooler;). New gasket sets are available from Moss.

Waldi

Hi waldi

I do not think I have an oil cooler is this something that you recommend??!!

I have that oil-cooler. But I think that you do not need it as long the engine is healthy and the cooling system works and the cross sections are not narrowed due to lime deposits.

Hi Rich,

I did not enlarge your picture enough on my mobile phone, thought the adapted had screwed connections for an oil cooler, I was wrong.
I do not have an oil cooler (but do have the adapter), and am not planning to install one. Most on this forum say the oil cooler is not needed for street use, which I intend to do.

Cheers,

Waldi