Whats going on with my Bush

Just pulled the G,box out of VPK I was inspecting my crank bush and I was expecting one of these 

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/spigot-bush-crankshaft-thick-047246.html?assoc=127626

but when I stuck my finger in the hole and pulled I got this any clues as to what’s going on ?

WP_20200607_14_21_40_Pro.jpg

Edited by Graham
Clarification
2 hours ago, Graham said:

Just pulled the G,box out of VPK I was inspecting my crank bush and I was expecting one of these 

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/spigot-bush-crankshaft-thick-047246.html?assoc=127626

but when I stuck my finger in the hole and pulled I got this any clues as to what’s going on ?

WP_20200607_14_21_40_Pro.jpg

That's a good ? have you checked you have the correct gearbox input shaft?

Gear box is stamped up as a CD and checked clutch plate against my clutch aligning tool and the input shaft is a TR size one 

Hi Graham,

you was able to pull it out with the flywheel on the crankshaft.

On the 4 cylinder it is behind the flywheel, not possible to pull out.

On the 6 cylinders it is probably the same? TR6 guys will know.

Looks like someone forgot to put it in and did not want to bolt the flywheel off again (what is no problem)

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

I was able to pull it out without removing the flywheel , splines 10 

Need to do some more investigation, I haven’t refitted the gearbox yet so perhaps I need to pull the clutch again and remove the flywheel and take some more pictures, possibly it’s an aftermarket crank (steel) well a boy can dream 

11 minutes ago, Graham said:

Need to do some more investigation, I haven’t refitted the gearbox yet so perhaps I need to pull the clutch again and remove the flywheel and take some more pictures, possibly it’s an aftermarket crank (steel) well a boy can dream 

This may help https://www.revingtontr.com/productimages/docs/00001693/is0035-tr5-6-crank-identification-issue-2.pdf

33 minutes ago, ntc said:

Marco

The shaft would then be to long, the other thought is something to do with long back/ short back crank but that makes no sense  as the flywheel is different.

You are absolutely right, 

without measuring on my spare engine and gearbox there should be only some millimeters between the flywheel and the splined part of the gearbax shaft.

I guess the part Graham found is made for a reason from someone who knows what he did.

The only point perhaps is the wrong material, it looks like machinery steel and not bronze.

Graham, I would not go on assembling the car before you found out the issue.

Or you put it together how you found it and trust on the one who made the part.

Edited by Z320
12 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Why do I think that looks like the pilot bush for an auto gearbox torque converter from a T2000/2500 or Stag?

Surely they had a larger spigot?

Stuart.

Well finally got to the bottom, or is that back of it, pulled it all out again and should have realised the first time its a 'normal'  short  back crank to start with not the long back it should be but the bush is the only anomaly, so at some point in time, probably on a Friday evening just as a PO wanted the car for the weekend it was discovered that on doing that 'quick clutch job' that the original bush was NFG and they didn't have one but it just so happens we have this ......and it fits so lets shove that in, button it all up and nobody will ever know.

As the car is a restoration project sitting in my garden, my only reason for pulling this all apart was to free off the clutch (wouldn't play ball with the jack the back end up, start in gear, jam on handbrake) so will probably stick the steel spigot back in for time being, unless I can find a spare knocking about in the shed.

To draw a conclusion to my little bit of TR  archaeology short back bush on the left, long back bush on the right and what was fitted in the middle !

IMG_0375.jpg