Quaife rear hubs fitting - cutout location

Hello learned friends I have a quick question for you. I know about the left hand /right hand threads for fitting that's fine. My question is what is this cut out for marked in orange - does it matter where this cut out ends up on the back plate trailing arm combo- I've had a quick look and it doesn't correspond with the lower adjuster nor the brake piston so does it matter where it ends up being located--if it was obvious I wouldn't be asking or being tired when I looked yesterday I'm missing something? 

Your advice, comments as always gratefully received. 

Regards

Michael

IMG_20200607_091708.jpg

Edited by michaeldavis39
5 hours ago, reginald said:

Hi

It may give you extra clearance to fit longer studs when assembled to car.

Richard

If this is the case it is for the tube and punch on the hydraulic press

Edited by Z320
16 hours ago, reginald said:

Hi

It may give you extra clearance to fit longer studs when assembled to car.

Richard

yes, makes perfect sense. Mine were already installed by Dennis, therefore, I did not need to pay attention to it.

Jochem

Yes Tom you are right that's why I bought them. Rang Vessey today and confirmed the cut out is just to allow for stud replacement and therefore it does not matter how the hubs are fitted just ensure new lock nuts are used, don't overtighten and fit left hand thread on left hand side right into right. 

Michael

So today after much fettling with a yoke I finally mounted one of my Quaife hubs- I haven't torqued up the nyloc nuts but I'm sure they won't be far out as they are--I'm not too confident in the nylocs though as there is no sign of a single thread poking through as seen in photo--anyone else notice this on their install? 

IMG_20200611_165457.jpg