Morning Gentlemen 

Having an exciting morning drilling holes and preparing glove box area of dash prior to covering.

Does anyone have any pictures or could possibly take some of all the fixings and position of holes on the lip of dash for a guide.

Bump stop , Striker plate , Rod retaining bracket, glove box and anything I’ve missed.

Big ask I know but would be very greatfull

Many thanks Al

HI Al,

Here's one I did a couple of weeks ago.  The bracket for the retaining rod is home made but it is in the correct position.  I don't have a striker plate for the latch, it just abuts the back of the lip on the dashboard panel.  There are four holes along the bottom of the lip which are for the hinge and the bottom edge of the glove box liner and there are two holes on the top left for the bump stop that don't appear in the photo.  I will take one and add it to this post later today.

Rgds Ian

CF5B633A-BC67-43BC-AB1D-A3CC2D71436C_1_105_c.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Question: Any procedure known to hold a 1/4" bolt and a washer in an awkward place to get a screw started......like under the lip of the glove box to attach the door?!

:angry:

Also, on the video above the rubber stoppers are quite easy to pull through, you just need to grab a meatier part of the stopper with a small pair of pliers. 

Putting the stoppers on first works well as they will hold the screw in when you attach the buffer to the dash.

One other note, pulling the car outside to work on it because it is such a nice day and then removing an improperly placed speed nut with a small screwdriver guarantees that the nut will fly off and land in the flowerbed never to be seen again.  :lol: