Garage activity postings......

Hi

like a few others I have gate crashed the TR6 forum topic 

“So what happening in your garage this weekend?”

I was wondering if it was worth starting a general .....

“What’s happening in your garage today”

topic in this General TR Technical forum.

then all formites can add a quick short post as to what they are up to.

and we don’t have to gate crash the TR6 forum that not all formites visit.

I'm not suggesting that  It should replace individual post or themed posts just a quick “what I’m up to” post. 
perhaps it doesn’t have to be solely car related ?

thoughts .......................

Open to location but thought garage activity more likely technical

and out and about is tr trips out ?

20 minutes ago, Z320 said:

OK

+1

Well Mrs M popped her head around the door and thought I had sub let, it was so clean and tidy, so there!

Most dangerous thing for me about lockdown is going looking for things to do, cause you will find them, as others have found, rust never sleeps, and it's like an iceberg, 10% on the surface and the rest hidden.

John.

Expecting my 5 back mid June after being away since 2 Nov 2019 for bare metal respray, however in the interim the garage has become a bit of a dumping ground so this weekend I will be having a clear out, this will include putting the blower on to get rid of all the dust and leaves.

Been a good boy doing lots of decorating and garden is fab so I've earned time off to welcome back the lady. Will find any excuse to get her out as well. :D

Still very slowly rebuilding my TR3 engine in situ. Waiting for the head to come back: it will be about three weeks, that was six weeks ago. Hopefully it will be back next week with new valves, guides, springs etc. and a gentle skim.

20200426_133821.jpg

11 hours ago, Lebro said:

R & P steering I see - which one did you go for ?

Bob.

Looks like the TR Bitz one.

Stuart.

I'm completing the door cards for my 1974 BMW 2002 turbo...then its finished, after a full restoration from an incomplete non-runner, will try to get it registered for road-use next week....... 

IMG_20200605_183745_copy_1587x1190.thumb.jpg.75804b57541fcdafb1622e95a6832f7d.jpg

one of 62 Cars sold by BMW Concessionaires UK (one of 1672 made)...shipped to Malaysia when new in late '74 then raced in regional touring/saloon car series in 1975. The first European production turbo....

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/198672-advice-on-a-garden-find/

lockdown has really accelerated completion of the project...all the small trim bits and wiring....i was expecting it to take until 2022 to finish...but now miraculously done after 10 weeks lockdown...

Edited by ctc77965o

Well, the TR is having to move over in my garage this weekend and make way for the Westie. One the whole it's very reliable and trouble free, but one of the core plugs has just started a slight weep so I will sort that on Saturday.  While the bonnet is raised and the tools are out I think I will just run through the valve clearances too. They haven't been looked at in quite a while.  That will be my garage activity for the weekend.1209524343_westieengine.thumb.jpg.7433df3893cc4df8ccf92400025d71c8.jpg 

3 hours ago, Noel Maule said:

Well, the TR is having to move over in my garage this weekend and make way for the Westie. One the whole it's very reliable and trouble free, but one of the core plugs has just started a slight weep so I will sort that on Saturday.  While the bonnet is raised and the tools are out I think I will just run through the valve clearances too. They haven't been looked at in quite a while.  That will be my garage activity for the weekend.1209524343_westieengine.thumb.jpg.7433df3893cc4df8ccf92400025d71c8.jpg 

Ex father in law had one of those back in the day about 1970 nice car

Stuart.

TR3a

After changing all the oils (Engine, gearbox/OD, rear axle) on the 3rd June.

today I have changed the coolant blue antifreeze/water mix.

i think the servicing is complete

complete with reminder stickers on the battery.

17 minutes ago, Noel Maule said:

Hi Stuart. This one is a 1954 model. A90 Six Westminster

A90 DOWNSIZE PROFILE.jpg

Nice I like the 2 tone.

Stuart.

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

TR3a

After changing all the oils (Engine, gearbox/OD, rear axle) on the 3rd June.

today I have changed the coolant blue antifreeze/water mix.

i think the servicing is complete

complete with reminder stickers on the battery.

Brake fluid? :-)

10 minutes ago, iain said:

Brake fluid? :-)

Well, I did the front with fitting new brake lines......

Well after nearly two years of welding and fitting the doors etc to get the panel gaps right the shell has finally gone for blasting and a coat of epoxy. Perhaps some would say the wrong way round but there was no strength in the sills and I wanted to use the chassis as a jig to keep everything aligned. Fingers crossed there is no surprises!

Some pics before and I pop some after ones up once she's back.

Just need to prep all the panels now.

Andy 

Blasting 1.jpg

Blasting 2.jpg

Blasting 3.jpg

Blasting 6.jpg

Blasting 4.jpg

12 hours ago, PodOne said:

Well after nearly two years of welding and fitting the doors etc to get the panel gaps right the shell has finally gone for blasting and a coat of epoxy. Perhaps some would say the wrong way round but there was no strength in the sills and I wanted to use the chassis as a jig to keep everything aligned. Fingers crossed there is no surprises!

Some pics before and I pop some after ones up once she's back.

Just need to prep all the panels now.

Andy 

Blasting 1.jpg

Blasting 2.jpg

Blasting 3.jpg

Blasting 6.jpg

Blasting 4.jpg

By the looks of it you seem to have got everything already.I would have got them to coat in Bondarust as if you do have any extra welding you can weld right up to it without it getting damaged, it just turns brown.

Stuart.