WORKSHOP SHARE - ROYTON OLDHAM MANCHESTER

Ok long shot but I looked at units for rent over a month with electric and decided maybe there is some one else in Royton Oldham around that area who has a long term project on their hands but doesn't want a large outlay of money per month ON RENT - I noticed a lot of the units for rent are actually big enough for three cars side by side OR FOUR -- SO of course I am taking the body off my TR6 to sort the chassis and body separately. So maybe someone with similar interests as me and a long term project on their hands would like to try and find one WORKSHOP suitable for us both -- Bit of a long shot I know but if you dont ask you dont get -- I am 56 sorry no 57 -- LOL  retired 7 years -  Andrew Perkins

I think that is a great idea, I used to know a couple of folk who did this back in the day, probably the kind of subject to strike-up in conversation at a monthly meet (if they were still taking place!)

Best of luck with your search....

.... Andy 

If I was retired and closer I'd be up for it if only to stop the wife nagging me for walking muck in from the garage which is attached to the house.

Great offer hope you find some takers

Andy

Hi Guys

Andrew, i won't be much help as I’m midlands but space, what a problem for us car nuts.

Now to be honest i already have too many cars. I’m no money bags with loads of Ferraris or Porsches and my other two in addition to the TR are early 2000 MG-Rovers, so cheap as chips really.

I have one in my garage, one in someone else’s and one just out the front in the rain.

But I’ve got my eye on another late 60’s thing. Again cheap, the best ones might be 4 or 5k but the tatty one I want to restore is going to be mid-teens I hope but where the flip do I put it?

Priced up storage for it until I finish the TR, so that’ll be £100/£120 per month or if its there a year more than the new car will cost me.

Don’t like keeping soft tops out in the rain and snow all winter but what do you do.

Oh well, if I can acquire it I will and I try to sort out homes a bit later.

Cheers   Keith

I  JUST LOVE that word that keeps coming up for classics  -- KEITH66 --------------------------------------------------------------------================================================  CHEAP  ======================================================================================================================================================================================================CHEAP ======================================================================================================================================================  YOUR MY GUY  ________________________________________+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ YOU KNOW I SAID IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU DON'T GET == MY BEST FRIEND OF 51 YEARS ( WHICH I NEVER ASKED ACTUALLY )  OFFERED ME A PLACE FOR 5 MONTHS UP ON ONE OF HIS RAMPS - WHILE I SORT IT ALL OUT -- HOW COOL IS THAT -- OH WHAT OLD FRIENDS.  I WILL GIVE HIM A BLUE PETER BADGE LATER THIS YEAR.. I RECKON AM BUILDING DOUBLE GARAGE ON ONE OF MY HOUSES -- BUT STILL WAITING ON PERMISSION = THAT'S NOT PLANNING PERMISSION -- ITS   -- "THE WIFE'S PERMISSION"  WHICH IS A LOT MORE RIGOROUS LET ME TELL YOU --  lol  lol 

ANDREW PERKINS