It’s been a while....

Lockdown has so much to answer for......it’s 40 years since I last had this much of a look at the chassis! Time for a good clean some minor repairs and a repaint. What else would I have done this morning? 

71B16BFC-D0C2-437D-A5CA-B9308D1BB982.jpeg

Busy man.  You must be as bored as me.

How did you get the body off without removing the hand brake lever?

Are the trestles and scaffold planks holding the power plant?

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi Peter.

not so much bored as realising that with the gearbox and engine out to sort some leaks that were annoying me..........I thought I don’t won’t to be here again in a hurry and this morning set about unbolting the body. The hand brake when on, was vertical enough to allow a lift and move the chassis  forward technique to clear the hole.. Only forgot the hand brake cable spring to chassis...gosh they are strong!

Iain

Edited by iain
43 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Wow,

all credit to you Iain,

you don't mess about, roughly how long to get to this stage?

John.

John

i had the engine and box out in short day. Then yesterday it took me about 4 1/2hrs to get to the photo. An hour or so was working out whether to lift with just the block and tackle or with the block and tackle and the engine crane.......the latter made it much easier to navigate the hand brake and ease the steering column out of the chassis.

Iain

3 hours ago, Lebro said:

Puzzled by the steering wheel still being in the body

Bob.

Hi Bob

the complete column is still in the body.

Iain

18 minutes ago, stuart said:

Got bored with the 4a then Iain?

Stuart.

No Stuart, just taking advantage of the time when I would have been using VHP on numerous events that have been shelved. The 4A will have to wait a bit longer, lets face it its been in bits for 34 years :o!

Iain

Big bore exhaust... twin box, works-strengthened chassis, I imagine? And strange tyre tread. Are they winter tyres, Iain? What make and size, if I may ask?