Best Forum for TRs

I joined your fine forum today. During my forced lockdown I am using my time to sort through some 1960 TR3A issues.

For weeks now I have been reading sites and forums online on various TR subjects. I decided your site is the best of them. It is active, informative and polite.

Thank you for allowing me in.

I am owner since 1969 of TS80117L, TR3.

Opie

my car pic, we live on ocean in North Carolina, USA

https://ibb.co/XDCYQsk

Welcome to the forum Opie.  You are sure to find help here on any problems you encounter with the car, and anything you can add to our fund of knowledge will be most welcome. 

Sounds like you have owned your TR3 for quite a while, so you should have amassed plenty of TR wisdom in that time.  (Your car looks great by the way)

Rob

Edited by RobH

Hi Opie,

Welcome to the forum, thank you for your kind words.

Please also explore our website for more information: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/. Even more information plus searchable access to past issues of our magazine and technical seminars are available to club members. We have over 450 members from outside the UK, you would be very welcome to join us if you wish. https://www.tr-registershop.co.uk/membership-11-c.asp

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 3:53 PM, Opie said:

I am owner since 1969 of TS80117L, TR3

I like your car!

I see the radio arial on the front wing. Do you still have the original radio?

no original radio, sorry.

During my early years I installed a JCWhitney radio in the glove box and cut the antenna in the side near the stanchion. I quickly learned that expecting proper sounding radio in an open roadster is futile. However, for collectibility I can understand your interest.  It would be quite original to have a factory radio still in such an old car.

2 hours ago, Opie said:

no original radio, sorry.

During my early years I installed a JCWhitney radio in the glove box and cut the antenna in the side near the stanchion. I quickly learned that expecting proper sounding radio in an open roadster is futile. However, for collectibility I can understand your interest.  It would be quite original to have a factory radio still in such an old car.

I bet the old tube/valve radio put out more heat than the heater.

Stan