TR6 Fuel Issue

1 hour ago, PeterTRR said:

My TR6 runs on carburetters when the car gets hot particularly when the weathers  hot i get fuel evaporation in the carbs ,i am thinking about changing from manual to electric any recommendations.

John.

I think you can try fitting a heat shield to help minimise this. 

Which carbs are running, if they are Stromberg CD's you may need to have the air compensators readjusted for hot running, if they are SU perhaps they need making slightly more rich, the hotter weather is making a difference with the E5 petrol.

John

53 minutes ago, John L said:

Which carbs are running, if they are Stromberg CD's you may need to have the air compensators readjusted for hot running, if they are SU perhaps they need making slightly more rich, the hotter weather is making a difference with the E5 petrol.

John

Running on Strombergs  CDs now, at the end off the year i am putting SU Carbs on with a new head number 219016 .

Thank you John.

2 hours ago, PeterTRR said:

My TR6 runs on carburetters when the car gets hot particularly when the weathers  hot i get fuel evaporation in the carbs ,i am thinking about changing from manual to electric any recommendations.

John.

Hi John,

I would buy a book called 'Classic Engines, Modern Fuel'  ISBN 978-1-787115-90-3,This book is a mine of information on current fuel and what to do, fitting a heat shield is definitely a way to go!

Bruce.