Dash glove box hinge screws TR4A/5/6

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a source of the very small countersunk head screws, either wood or self tapping, that are used in the hinges of the glove box lid, TR4A, 5 and 6.

These are NCA at Moss.  Probably self tapping would be preferable, about 12mm long, as the original screws being steel have eroded the plywood that they screw into.

I would think this is not a new problem so hopefully the magic of the Forum will find an answer.

A check on e-bay only comes up with 3mm diameter self tappers, but the heads will be too big and stop the hinge closing.

Thanks 

Rich

Rich,

When I did my dashboard a few years ago I bought screws via a publication called Hobbies Annual. Just checked and it is still produced.

Graham

I found those screws to be an odd size, at least here in the US. They are between a #1 and #2. Metric, maybe, but I couldnt find them here, and ended up refurbing the originals.

To tighten up a wallowed hole in wood, you can glue a sliver of wood or a toothpick in the hole.

Ed

Hi Rich,

I think you will find the Woolies one's are 3mm dia  with raised heads which are too large and stand proud and stop the hinge closing.

Cheers 

Rich

26 minutes ago, rvwp said:

Hi Rich,

I think you will find the Woolies one's are 3mm dia  with raised heads which are too large and stand proud and stop the hinge closing.

Cheers 

Rich

Hi Rich,

have you tried B&Q - they have a huge selection of wood screws.

Roger

Hi Rich

They are #6 raised head countersunk pozidrive screws. You should be able to get them from places such as Namrick, Spalding or Kay’s.  The lengths for the cubby door and the side fixing into the dash are different. I can dig them out if needed as needed to order them myself recently.

Cheers

Steve

Rich,

Those tiny screws are the sort of thing that Dave Gleed stocked on his stall with all those odds and sods on it at the International and Stoneleigh.

Dave retired last year but I believe he sold his business and stock to Mike Papworth at Coventry. I don't have contact details for him but I'm sure someone on here will come along with them soon.

Good hunting.

Dave McD