Surrey top back frame fitting

Picked up my second hand surrey top yesterday.

Trial fitted the back frame but there are 5 pre drilled holes in the body with backing nuts and 7 studs on the frame.There are also  larger holes at the front of the frame but nothing on the body. I see from Moss spares catalogue that there is stud that appears to fit the front holes in the frame but no body attachment. I assume I have to drill out nuts on the 5 body holes but I can't find any info about the 2 front fittings on either side.

Can anyone help with instructions or a website/ video that gives information.I

I am sure that I will have further queries on fitting the Surrey top itself.

Thanks

Eddie

If your fitting it to anything other than an original TR4 then the two forward studs need to be trimmed off. The two front holes are for studs that go in the front of your forward deck extensions, if you remove the ally cappings there may or may not be captive nuts under there for 1/4" UNF studs. You will have to drill out the rear rivnuts as you say.

Stuart.

Many thanks Stuart,

I had since realised the the two front holes in the body must be for the studs.

Also one of the two forward studs in the top was missing, I assumed broken.

However on inspection  it has clearly been cut off so the last owner was partly through fitting to his TR5.

My car is a TR250.

Eddie

15 hours ago, Eddie Trickett said:

Many thanks Stuart,

I had since realised the the two front holes in the body must be for the studs.

Also one of the two forward studs in the top was missing, I assumed broken.

However on inspection  it has clearly been cut off so the last owner was partly through fitting to his TR5.

My car is a TR250.

Eddie

Those forward studs in the frame are only good for TR4 fitting where they still have the original forward deck extensions which werent waisted as they are on 4a/5/6.

Stuart.