I fitted a set of wool carpets and under felt from Moss to my TR6 around 15 years ago:

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/carpet-sets-boot-trim-tr5-6-1967-76.html

They are still in excellent condition despite plenty of use and a few soakings. Not cheap perhaps but well worth the price in my view.

Nigel

Beware the dreaded carpet moth on wool carpets!

Tim

I have just bought a standard set of shadow blue and they look good but not yet fitted. Will see!

Tim

oops! TR Shop.

...also bought the set of underlay from TR Shop. But as I said not yet fitted.

Tim

TR shop had them on offer when I got my set from them, very happy with the fit. The only bit I didn't like was the wear pad on both side of the tunnel carpet, have taken the L/H side one off, pity its got some glue underneath.

John

Hi Dan,

To add another supplier to the mix I would highly recommend John Skinner who offer excellent quality trim which fits extremely well. I have also fitted their underlay kit which was also great quality and fit.

Hope this helps, Peter

24 minutes ago, Chilp3 said:

Hi Dan,

To add another supplier to the mix I would highly recommend John Skinner who offer excellent quality trim which fits extremely well. I have also fitted their underlay kit which was also great quality and fit.

Hope this helps, Peter

Not my experience Im afraid

Stuart.

I bought my standard tufted set from Rimmers on one of their special offer weekends. They're made by Newton Commercials and I am very happy with the quality/price equation. They fit very well too. I used underfelt from the TR shop and a sound deadening layer from Dodo-Mat under that.

One of my lockdown jobs was fitting a new carpet set, got mine from TRGB and they look good fitted to me.  Also get the underlay set, and some contact adhesive.  What a pain of a job though, especially when you take the old ones off and realise your transmission tunnel has a hole in it !  Oh well, part of the “ fun” I suppose !  Also fitted new kidney panels and a wooden gear lever, bit of a transformation !

• 1 year later...

Hi Tim, 

I'm looking for new carpets and still haven't decided between man made fibre or wool - what is carpet moth?  Also if the carpet gets wet or dirty, which dries better and which cleans easier - wool or man-made?

Cheers

Edited by Conradski

In Australia carpet moths are a very real problem ,it's daylight moth that lays eggs in woolen carpet- the larvae then eat the wool. They destroyed a lounge room carpet in our country house before they were detected. The TR6 is garaged at this house and I've fitted Prestige synthetic carpets- very happy with the price, quality and service.

If you have access ports cut in your transmission tunnel for the G/B oil level and O/D solenoid setting you will need to consider how you will access these with the carpets in place- ie don't do things like bolt the H frame feet on top of the carpet.