Windscreen Frame Etc.

I’ve just removed my windscreen an windscreen frame to replace all the rubbers and everything is in excellent A1 condition, so I’m very pleased about that but I have a few questions and they are as follows.

1. What’s the best solution to remove the seal-a-strip from the frame, scuttle and windscreen.

2.What’s the best method of fitting the screen, in the frame off the car or fit the frame back in and then the screen?

3. I’m going to respray the screen frame with satin black what the best primer/colour to use?

4. When fitting the frame and screen do I add the non setting screen sealant after it’s all in by prising up rubbers or do I lay a bead down first and then fit the screen frame and or screen?

5. I’ve also got to replace the webbing on my soft top, is it best to do one side at a time?

Sorry for the amount of questions but as ever many thanks for your help and advise.

Edited by Kevo_6
1 hour ago, Kevo_6 said:

I’ve just removed my windscreen an windscreen frame to replace all the rubbers and everything is in excellent A1 condition, so I’m very pleased about that but I have a few questions and they are as follows.

1. What’s the best solution to remove the seal-a-strip from the frame, scuttle and windscreen.

2.What’s the best method of fitting the screen, in the frame off the car or fit the frame back in and then the screen?

3. I’m going to respray the screen frame with satin black what the best primer/colour to use?

4. When fitting the frame and screen do I add the non setting screen sealant after it’s all in by prising up rubbers or do I lay a bead down first and then fit the screen frame and or screen?

5. I’ve also got to replace the webbing on my soft top, is it best to do one side at a time?

Sorry for the amount of questions but as ever many thanks for your help and advise.

1. A good quality Spirit wipe or Turps

2. I always fit them off the car but then Im usually doing a resto so its off anyway

3.Any colour primer is fine though FWIW you can get black.

4.Sealant afterwards

5.As long as your happy with the tension of the frame then yes do one side at a time to keep the reference distances between.

Stuart.

8 minutes ago, stuart said:

1. A good quality Spirit wipe or Turps

2. I always fit them off the car but then Im usually doing a resto so its off anyway

3.Any colour primer is fine though FWIW you can get black.

4.Sealant afterwards

5.As long as your happy with the tension of the frame then yes do one side at a time to keep the reference distances between.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, that’s brilliant as it’s answered all my questions perfectly.

I can crack on now and start getting things back together.

Once again thanks very much.

Cheers Kev.