TR4a SURREY TOP Flange Seal

Hi all,

I need a bit of advice please. I have a TR4a which I am fitting a surrey top to it in place of the hood ( the surrey has been in the shed for at least  10 years)

The surrey top which seems to be made from an aluminium alloy, as welding on a part of the flange which was missing ended up being a real problem.

Anyway I am faced with a choice, to keep the small channel where the door glass fits with the rubber seal about 300mm long or use the door seal with the rubber seal fitted to it 

as Moss suggest about 7metres long and take this all the way from the front of the door all the way over the surrey to the front of the other door a continuous piece.

Would this present a problem accessing the little clip with the elastic & hook or make it difficult to wind the window up.

Any advise or pictures showing the better option would be gratefully received

Many thanks Lee

7 minutes ago, Lee Dutton said:

Stuart, absolutely brilliant

So would I need to remove the small channel?

Much appreciated

Lee

Sorry not looking properly I see the other seal is fitted as well

The seal in the channel is from Moss, others have too hard a "Foot" that goes in the channel and dont fit very well.Item 4 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/weather-equipment/hard-tops/surrey-top-fittings-tr4-4a-1961-67.html

Stuart.