Well, it's been great to be out in the TR again after our confinement was less strict from May 11th.

Anyway, yesterday when turning I heard a shout of "clignotants" ! from another driver. Sure enough they weren't working at the front

I thought that when I put the apron back on the car after the timing chain work that I checked out all the lights. I'm sure I did, well I think I did etc.....

But, I can't seem to find the cause. They are working at the back. I'm just wondering if there is an earth I have missed ? Any thoughts?

Did it all work before you touched it?

If the rear are working the connection from the horn-push/indicator control to loom is OK.

One side indicator at the front or both not working?

Do the sidelamps work OK? That would point at an earthing issue. Try the indicators with the side lamps on - Any change?

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Everything worked before the apron removal.

Now all works except the front indicators. (both)

I have a different steering wheel and the horn is a button on the dashboard as is the switch for the indicators; but all worked before.

I shall have another look later today but any views are welcome.

If the front indicators on both sides are not working but the sidelights are, it probably isn't merely an earth. That sounds like bad connections, possibly at the  bullet connectors by the horns on each side. (green/red and green/white wires).   You must have had those disconnected to get the apron off.

(I assume you have an electronic flasher unit as otherwise the flash rate would be affected with only the rears working). 

8 minutes ago, Lebro said:

+1

Yes near the horns on both sides are Bullitt connections. 3 way on the drivers side,& 2 way on the other side. 

Mine were in a pitiful state 

A test lamp should help you figure out where the problem is 

That's a surprise,  indicators seems to be an optional extra on cars in France. 

Most of the drivers here in the Charente don't seem to know what there for, unless they are sitting behind you in the outside lane of the N10 trying to overtake.

Perhaps the drivers in the Maritime are more careful.

Surprised that you waited until the 11th May before using the TR. Both of ours (TR3 and TR4) were legally used during the confinement for shopping!

Best

Adam

Electrics are not my strong point.

So this is the current (!!) position.

With no lights and ignition on.

RH works front and back but not bright

LH rear only not bright and slower.

With Sidelights on

RH front works but dim.

RH rear slow and dim + a small movement of the light in the rear light each time the indicator works.

LH front no indicator

LH rear dim and slow + a small movement in the rear light each time the indicator works.

With Headlights full and dip.  No indicators.

I am hoping someone may see a common thread?

Thanks in advance

Sounds obvious, but is your battery giving out a full 12V ? test with headlamps on.

Faultwise, sounds like front left indicator bulb has blown 21W fillament, or connection is missing (green red)

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Thanks for that Bob. Slight red face here. The battery was low where I had been checking for some time yesterday to sort out the problem on the front RHS.

Anyway all works well except the Front LHS indicator. It's not the bulb. Will carry on tomorrow as there is a lot of watering to do in the garden now.