Powder coat or paint?

Evening everyone. I want to refurbish my steel wheels and standard factory fitted rocker cover. What the best way to go paint or powder coat? Or is it just down to personal preference? Obviously powder coat is more hard wearing for the wheels but I'm worried that powder coating the rocker cover may effect the fit onto the engine.

Hi Keith

Powder coat for the reasons you cite there's a gasket between the rocker cover/head so there should be no problem. I usually have everything blasted to get a good key then the powder coater zinc coats first then the colour powder coat on top which resists corrosion better but is a bit more expensive but I think worth it.

Andy

Thanks Andy, thought that would be the response but always good to get other options. I have a local powder coat place near me so I will get cracking.

Keith