12 hours ago, DaveB66 said:

Hi Andy

Yes they do, you have to remove a lug at rear of the MX5 seat runners (angle grinder). You also take the MX5 seat belt fitting off as you have to continue using the original triumph mounts for your seat belts. At least this is how I fitted mine.

Dave

Thanks Dave got some runners in the garage somewhere already just need to find some seats!

Andy

17 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

Daz, you need to push the seats as far back as they go - or maybe your seats are mounted higher than mine?

Cheers, Andrew

Thanks Andrew but I've tried it again and when folded forward the seat sticks out above the top of the door by several inches. I've got the same mounting brackets as you, from Paul, with the seats as low as possible. 

Cheers Darren 

1 hour ago, DRD said:

Thanks Andrew but I've tried it again and when folded forward the seat sticks out above the top of the door by several inches. I've got the same mounting brackets as you, from Paul, with the seats as low as possible. 

Cheers Darren 

Darren,

Mine do too, maybe less than yours (?), but the tonneau does fit - this was a quick lash up for the photos below i.e. the roof has been pretty much up since before last summer and is cold (vinyl) so wouldn't quite sit flat, so was the tonneau, but less of a problem with mohair. 

Have you tried fitting the tonneau? You need to zip it up after securing the poppers.

Cheers, Andrew 

IMG-0278.thumb.JPG.eecc7b09bd2bb1b0d58cdd3564d275f8.JPG

IMG-0279.thumb.JPG.755cee4f6e90e1a727596608b44b11d6.JPG

IMG-0283.thumb.JPG.3e0d7b425892c05e8662ec6c246acbd8.JPG

IMG-0282.thumb.JPG.abea4c004fb4ae16a6638f6fa02f9653.JPG

Edited by Andrew Smith

Many thanks Andrew, yes it is similar to yours. Maybe my tonneau is a bit tighter, it's a job to get on at the best of times.

I'll give it another go when the sun is shining on it.

All the best Daz

I've just bought on ebay a pair of Mk1 seats with speakers for all of £30 the pair complete with all MX5 stuff. I found loads around and some stupid prices but plent around the £60 - £75 mark - just keept searchimg over a couple of week period. Although the seat covers are not too bad on the ones I have bought, I'll be re-covering them in leather eventually. Bought new larger speakers already for £30 so I think this all a bargain.

Edited by Richard Pope

I also took the angle grinder to the bracket welded to the runners that the seat belt buckle attached to as it allowed me to move the seats in board a bit more which gave more clearance when the hood was down, which in turn meant more reward seat travel