Boot Hinge Tab Purpose

Hello

I am curious about the purpose of the raised chromed tab that appears attached to both my boot hinges.  Just curious, haven't seen these before but maybe I just overlooked them.

thanks

TR4 hinge.jpg

TR4 Hinge2.jpg

Ok, there is a boot rack in the parts boxes I got with the car.  Haven't looked how it attaches yet as I don't like the look of them generally and plan to not use it, but the answer sounds entirely reasonable.  Was this sort of attachment a factory fit or is this aftermarket?  My Heritage Certificate does not mention a boot rack.  It also does not mention the fiber board dash or formula wood wheel or the Triumph branded AM radio, that I have so maybe those all including the boot rack are US dealer installs.  This is a July 64 build, registered as a 65 TR4 in the US.

Edited by RMP NC

It looks like the brackets for the AMCO type rack, which is a popular type used on TR4s and 5s. Almost certainly aftermarket, I'm not aware of it being a factory option although someone more knowledgeable on here will confirm that or otherwise.

[EDIT] Here's a link to some pages from the 1960s AMCO accessories catalogue, on Paul Anderson's site, that shows the boot rack very well. http://tr4a.weebly.com/tr4a-amco-accessories.html

Nigel

Edited by Bleednipple