Not TR, but advice MGB hood bag

A few years ago I bought my youngest a MG Midget, but it's now sold. In the boot was a spare hood bag which I believe was for a MGB Roadster so I stuck it in a box in the garage.  I've been having a sortout again and found it, it's stamped 9 Jan 78 with 'BW(E)' and what appears to be Kite markings on the liner, so I'm wondering whether it's an original?  It's in very good condition and appears to have seen very little use.

Are there any MGB enthusiasts out there that can confirm if its OE, and any idea on price would be helpful too as I want to stick it in eBay.

Thanks, Andrew

DSC_0388a.thumb.jpg.bc0223c52cf23e72769e00e65bd57bd8.jpg

DSC_0395a.thumb.jpg.ec070ece781f5bf58a3ece2b9fa4ab5b.jpg

Well a new one is £251 at Moss.So make your own mind up what you think its worth.

Stuart.

4 minutes ago, stuart said:

Well a new one is £251 at Moss.So make your own mind up what you think its worth.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, I guess the value will depend on whether it's an original or an aftermarket one - any idea if its OE?

Cheers, Andrew

Just now, Andrew Smith said:

Thanks Stuart, I guess the value will depend on whether it's an original or an aftermarket one - any idea if its OE?

Cheers, Andrew

Not really, There was aftermarket stuff back then anyway so the dating doesnt really mean that much.

Stuart.

Hi Andrew,

TBH I suggest that you perhaps view it as if it were for your equally valuable TR and assess what you would pay for such an item. You know the price of a new one.

Only yiu really know what you would accept so realistically I would price as follows:

"Thought to be original OEM unit little or no usage. Repro items sells for £??? so open to offers with starting bid at say £2??.

See what gives. it is only worth what the right person will pay.

Rod

10 minutes ago, Rodbr said:

Hi Andrew,

TBH I suggest that you perhaps view it as if it were for your equally valuable TR and assess what you would pay for such an item. You know the price of a new one.

Only yiu really know what you would accept so realistically I would price as follows:

"Thought to be original OEM unit little or no usage. Repro items sells for £??? so open to offers with starting bid at say £2??.

See what gives. it is only worth what the right person will pay.

Rod

Thanks Rod, I'll give it a go along those lines.

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I found in my spares stock a rear deck cover pad for a Triumph Spitfire, New in original storage bag and definitely never been fitted but I have no idea what it's worth if anything at all. I am sure to the person that has to have original at all costs it's priceless. Been there done that and spent stupid money buying NOS  Stanpart items when they came up. 

I have a brand new AMCO alloy framed TR3a touring side screen again packed and never been fitted. again what value?

Good luck with sale

Rod

Thanks for all the advice folks - its been pointed out to me there is a CHS stamp on the inside of the cover which would indicate it was made by the original company Coventry Hood and Seating, so it does appear original.

I’ll stick it on eBay with good clear photos with an honest description and see where it goes.

Cheers, Andrew