Decided to replace the woodscres that were holding the door handles on.

Unfortunately the screws had damaged  the threads on 3 of the 4 caged nuts to the point that I couldn't use the correct screws.

Anyone know what thread they are so I can tap them out? Certainly smaller than any of my kit.

Plan B might be to do what I'd doing on the 6 which is to grind down some M5 caged nuts which can then be made to fit the cut outs in the doors but I'd rather save the existing ones but originals are out of supply.

Hi Andy,

if you measure the outside diameter of the screw and it comes near 0.152" then it is almost certainly 8/40 UNF.

On my TR4 rebuild I used M4 rivnuts with a suitable backing plate added.

A friend of mine had his 4A rebuilt but was having problems with the door handles.

When I removed the door card I found that the cage nuts were in place and in tact. BUT !!! the rebuilder decided to use woodscrews about 1/2" away from the correct location.

Roger

Andy,

There are a set of four currently on EBay. Sorry I do not know how to post a link.

Graham