Power Assisted Steering

Hi Dave

The kit comes with an extra pulley and retains the original crank pulley which is attached using the dowels and a new bolt.

The new tubular cross member is next on the list to be fitted. The fan extension is not used as an electric fan must be fitted.

The kit is great when everything is standard - my problems arose because I’m using non standard carbs, inlet Manifold and throttle linkage and the new rack and column are at a different angle to the original.

Hope to be on the road this weekend and will post my thoughts  then.

Nigel

Hi Nigel, I don't want to pour rain on your wonderful wife's gift   but why do you need power steering on a TR?  Unless you have a medical condition or haven't had your daily dose of weetabix  there shouldn't be any need for PAS.  I admit steering can be heavy at times but only at low down speeds when parking and that is mostly caused by having the wrong size of tyres fitted.  On  a car fitted with standard size rims and tyres there shouldn't be a problem.   On the plus side, the kit looks very professional and i will be interested to see how it turns out so I will look forward to reading your next installment. 

Hoges. 

Hi Paul

I had considered narrower tyres ( have 195’s on 6 “ genuine Minilites at present) but as well as loss of strength,  I’ve been suffering from increasing joint and muscle pain so in the end decided this was the best solution. It had got to the stage where I dreaded parking and Roger, of course Being an ex London Cabbie - U turns were becoming no fun!!

Almost finished now - had a few problems as the kit is designed for fuel injection so had to modify the fluid reservoir bottle to clear the carbs.

Hope to have a first drive today or tomorrow.

Nigel

98FDAE33-CD93-4054-9285-DDF6C030BCC9.jpeg

Thanks for the kind comments, just been for a short drive and it has really transformed the steering at low speed.

Used to dread having to park, but not anymore.

The tracking is out, have tried various DIY methods but none very successful, hopefully get it done professionally Monday.

Really happy!

Nigel

2EC0BADF-EAC1-4655-8FF2-7A59A8A0819B.jpeg

Edited by Nigel A