Bruce,

If/when it is ever finished, my TR3A will be midnight blue.  I seem to recall that there are two different codes - one of which has distinct purple overtones.

I remember reading it here, but at least five years ago, and am struggling to find it with the search facility.  This might jog someone's memory who knows the answer without looking it up. Might also be worth posting in general technical, as midnight blue and sidescreen cars were never an official item!

Dave.

Ah,sorry Bruce, I have just realised that I am in fact talking rubbish.  My car is going to be Royal blue, which is a colour only used on later models, but which I think looks good on a side-screen.  I'm afraid I don't know about the other blues, so probably best to wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about!

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave

Edited by Dave Herrod
Typo

If you look back about three pages on this forum there was a similar question about Winchester Blue which received a lot if informative replies, including one with the formulation.

Ralph

On 5/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, Bruce Marshall said:

Hi Miles,

I am trying to find out what the colour of your car is. I thought it midnight blue but my test has come out darker and maybe a bit aubergine. Hoping you can help!

in the process of complete rebuild. Sills, floorpans, boot floor, wing bottoms etc.

Regards Bruce

Hi Bruce

Sorry, missed your question. It is Royal Blue, paint Code 56  For any touching up I use Royal Blue and had a front wing resprayed last year after some rot was cut out. Royal Blue was used. Seems to work. I like the contrast with the shiny bits! Polishes up nicely too.

Miles