High Beam Control Light Bulb Type

Hi There,

After ordering the wrong type the 4th time now.... Can anyone advice the correct bulb type for the high beam control light - it is not a BA7s I know for sure -_-

Thanks

Oliver

3 hours ago, Lebro said:

Blue ?  mine is red

Bob.

Later ones are blue.Changed sometime in 3a production AFIK

Stuart

My main beam indicator (with red lens) uses an LLB987 but I had to try several bulbs before I got one with  the right diameter and the correct thread profile to fit in the pressed screw threads on the 60 year old  bulb holder. Yes, it’s classed as an E10 or MES thread but manufacturing tolerances seem to vary. Most of the new ones I tried had  too large a cap diameter and too poorly defined threads to fit. And very unhelpfully I don’t know which supplier the successful little green box came from, so I’ll have to go through it all again next time!

David

Not that easy, the colour is not set by the bulb, but by a tiny coloured disc whch fits in the dial. Speedo needs partial stripping to get to it.

Bob.

4 hours ago, tr2_applegreen said:

That is interesting, Stuart. Mine is blue (TS8431). So I should change it against a red one.

Why worry, at least you have something in there, Ive lost count of the number of them Ive seen with nothing in there so you just see white light.

Stuart.

4 hours ago, Lebro said:

Not that easy, the colour is not set by the bulb, but by a tiny coloured disc whch fits in the dial. Speedo needs partial stripping to get to it.

Bob.

Thanks for the input, bob. I will have to check.

Last year, when switchting to LED for instruments illumination, I remember that i pulled out a blue plainted bulb and replaced it by an LED one.
I don't remember an additional lens/disc.

5 hours ago, Lebro said:

. . . the colour is not set by the bulb, but by a tiny coloured disc which fits in the dial.

Or "warning jewels". Like these ?

lens2.thumb.jpg.73af4cd7b18dd25e684497f5ca9bd2a4.jpg

lens1.thumb.jpg.bd5387a3358da31a74f50c62b3d8e16f.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

No, not like that, the early TR's had a tiny (2 -3 mm across) flat disk which is held in a cup which is part of the dial. It often falls out & gets lost.

Bob.