TR5 Mechanic wanted - Solihull

Hello Doyley.

What sort of help do you need?  Are you looking for someone to help you to eventually look after the car yourself or are you looking to just take the car to someone for them to service it etc and for you not to be bothered about the maintenance side?  Is it just standard servicing or are there specific issues you want resolving?  Is it a standard car with pi?

Answering these questions will help with the answer to the original question.  Ie a local trusted garage might be ok to change a tapered wheel bearing but are unlikely to understand pi.  The main trusted TR specific places like TRE, TRBitz and TRGB are quite some distance from you but I would suggest if you are looking for general servicing then more local alternatives are available depending on the issues needing resolving.

cheers

dave

Doyley hi  Dave makes a good point above but having a quick scan of TR action Blakedown Sportscars are in Belbroughton 07976 427248 or Worcester Classic Cars in Spetchly 01905 345805 http://worcesterclassic.co.uk

No experience of either company but I did get married in Belbroughton church if thats any use ! :ph34r:

ATB Graham 

Edited by Graham
add web site details
35 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

Mike Papworth is in that area isn't he? Give him a google, you should be able to find him.

Jerry

Yes good shout Mikes in Coventry 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doley,

I used Worcester Classic Cars Ltd to replace the check strap bracket on the passenger door of my TR5. The old bracket had been bodged and had torn apart. This was a tricky job involving removing and dismantling the door cutting out the remains of the old spot welded bracket and welding in a replacement. The paintwork on the front edge of the door also had to be made good. They did a fantastic job to the price they quoted with no damage to the outer paintwork. The contact is Simon Andrews on the number mentioned above.

Regards,

Denis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...