Can I offer you another pair of carbs from a 7 I have that are surplus to requirements?

I have a pair lying around I no longer need since going down the V8 route..

Without looking at them I do not know whether they are the same set up, I would need to check.

Currently on an inlet manifold.

David

I finally ran a ColourTune on the TR7 confirming that my initial lifting pin set up was more or less on the nail. Now need to run it before another tweaking.

Referring to the Gunston ColoutTune, what a load of **** that is now. Its been through too many cost down exercises I am afraid and whilst it still does the job it is a very frail price of kit now and quite difficult to use on a TR7 cross flow head. Indeed I broke my new one on the first use!

However the Gunston LT-77043 (The Laser version) 6 piece compression tester kit , well that is a quality price of kit that'll should last a bit longer than the ColourTune and I highly recommend it.

Cylinder pressure readings were between 120 to 135lb/sq " which I think is par for the course on the slant 4 cylinder 2 litre engine, so no issues there.

ColourTune.jpg

LT-77043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...