Rear Shock Absorbers

41 minutes ago, Steve Priest said:

Spotted these in this month's Practical Classics.  See item 1 below, adjustable valves for lever arm shocks.  Not cheap though at £72.

http://www.suspensionsupplies.co.uk/general-suspension-products/4593174449

Steve

That is very interesting - I haven’t seen those before, thanks for highlighting their availability

....... Andy 

On 5/13/2020 at 12:05 PM, Bleednipple said:

Many thanks Andrew. That Revington uprated spring is listed as standard ride height... how would I achieve a bit of lift? (Although not 100% sure if I need that as occasional crashing on gravel may be more about current spring rating than ground clearance per se?).

You can get thicker spring isolators in Poly which effectively raise the ride height with any given spring.Spring isolators

1 hour ago, Andy Moltu said:

You can get thicker spring isolators in Poly which effectively raise the ride height with any given spring.Spring isolators

Thanks Andy. That's certainly another useful tip. With the sump guard on, my car is a very effective gravel plough at the moment. Still, the cars behind appreciate the road grading effect!

Nigel