Tr6 Steering arm fixing bolts

Hi guys I have a question about 2 bolts. I would like to know what you think. My problem is that I've ordered bolt numbers 28 and 29 as circled on Moss suspension diagram. Bolt 28 is 3.5inches long and the one I received is a little shorter by an eighth I'd say but anyway bolt number 29 does not have a measurement on their website and I'm wondering if its the same length as bolt 28? I have put both bolts 28 I have into position on my arm as photo (it's the drivers arm I know so reversed from Moss diagram) Will I be OK with both bolts the same length as there is a lot sticking out of number 29- or is there something else attached onto this bolt like the disc splash shield-- if not can anyone tell me the correct length of this bolt as I'm struggling to find it. Thanks very much in advance. 

Michael

Screenshot_20200509_195531.jpg

IMG_20200509_201050.jpg

Hi Michael,

the important length is the plain shank. This needs to be long enough to allow all the components in the assembly to sit on it.

You do not want the any of the components sitting on the thread area.

The thread length on automotive bolts is always on the long side. 

So measure up your assembly and fit the best length bolt..  Should the shank be a fraction too long then fit a washer(s).    Cut off any excess thread.

Roger

Thanks guys I've actually found the right bolt from Revington and found that the parts diagrams are slightly better from Revington too. Regarding mating surfaces I'm definitely scraping off the excess paint to bare metal I just found it easier to paint without masking every single little area as I started on the bigger components but got bored with it- created more work for myself I know but it won't take too long as it's only small amounts. Amazing how many parts and nuts, bolts and washers make up one side of the front suspension Inc brakes and steering isn't it! I put all of one side into one large box but then found I couldn't get my hands under to lift it and was sure the box would have collapsed with the weight. 

Michael

IMG_20200510_094536.jpg