TR2 Lucas washer bottle location

Hi Today’s lockdown job has been refurbishment of Lucas electronic washer bottle for our TR2 to replace the plastic Tudor bottle and hand pump

Any pictures showing the correct location / position of the washer bottle would be appreciated 

B4DCEC09-D057-49AD-B3E5-968C51371F65.jpeg

434E5EFE-D8EB-435C-9B99-38AD1695901D.jpeg

When changing the oil, I have always released the bolt with a spanner, then, from above with my hand passing the fuel pump, have twiddled the bolt with my fingers until the can & bolt drop into my waiting container.  Doing it like this from above has meant that I don't get warm oil running down my arm!

With a washer bottle situated as shown in the shots above, my method would not be possible.

As washers were most often fitted to sidescreen TRs by dealers, then why not fit to the bulkhead (easiest on RHD cars, where there's lots of space on the left), which is I found them on both my TR2s.  One of mine was a vacuum type, which worked well until we had really cold winter weather (not uncommon in the early 1960s), when the pipework froze and my repeated attempts to squirt the screen failed until engine heat caused a thaw.  Then had a 90 second screen wash, emptying most of the contents of the washer bottle!

Ian Cornish

Ian,

You would I presume notice my car is a LHD so never a possibility. I personally have never used my washers other to check they work. Mostly water comes down both sides of the screen so effectively keeping the screen clear.

There aren't many options on a LHD car for location so this makes the most sense but why would you mount any washer bottle less than vertical.

The analogy of the Hotel kettle filled from the sink means you need to empty it before you can get it out from under the tap.

Rod