While my 3A is off the road, I am self isolating, and  dealing with any number of small problems that I usually overlook. I  have removed  one back wing for  repainting. It will be finished next week and I want to paint the inside with some effective black sealer/waterproofer. The paint shop have suggested waxoil but I am looking for something thick and black and preferably brush on ,so that I can paint the inside front wings as well without taking them off.

I am also thinking about a splash plate for the rear, like the bulkhead sealer at the front. I remember that someone had one made and mentioned it here on the forum. But I can not find it now. 

Any advice on either problems would be very useful.

Thanks Richard & B.

+1 for black waxoyl, nice and thick to cover any seams or imperfections and easy to touch up. Not a show finish but if your going to use the car and get it wet then it's fine. I've been dipping in the same 2.5 ltr tin for years, just give it a stir and your away.

Chris

In the past I've thinned the thick black waxoly with white spirit in the past and spayed it on. Stinks like hell for a week or two but gives a reasonable finish but on balance I think Dinitrol is better plus there's no real odour.

Andy 

11 hours ago, foster461 said:

I followed Stuarts advice and did the whole underside of my TR3a with Gravitex stone chip and then color coat on top of that. This was starting with clean primed sheet metal however.

Stan

Did the same with my 3a more permanent than waxoil and can be treated with waxoil after if you want for belt and braces

7 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Richard,

I have just used Dinitrol 3125HS on the rear wing of the 4A. 

It's an aerosol with a 6" probe and stays where it is put.  I have just ordered two more tins from ebay.

Roger

And it doesn’t sag as much as Waxoyl when it gets hot.