Acuspark distributor

The differences in reading are likely to be your Ohmmeter not the coil. If it is a simple digital multimeter they aren't that accurate at the bottom end of the range and can't be better than +/- 1 digit anyway. 

That could only happen if the wire was getting thinner or if a contact was corroding. There is no mechanism to thin the wire and the inside of the coil is usually bathed in oil, so corrosion is unlikely.

the adjusting of the new distributor is not a problem,  the advance works fine. But the ignition is not smooth, misfire from idle on. becomes worse under load. 

1 hour ago, Casar66 said:

the adjusting of the new distributor is not a problem,  the advance works fine. But the ignition is not smooth, misfire from idle on. becomes worse under load. 

I suggest you talk To Martin (Distributor Doctor http://www.distributordoctor.com/ ) regarding those Accuspark distributors (He will give you chapter and verse regarding the accuracy or otherwise of them) and then send it back to the supplier as faulty.

Stuart.

Now it works fine, more or less. I have just close the input of the vacuum. Due the wide range of advance (26 degrees +-) Ist the timing at idle is at 6 degree BTDC instead of 12 BTDC like it was before, I don´t want to go further than 32 BTDC- so the first throttle response is not ideal, but after that it works surprisingly well. Today we have checked my regular Lucas 22D6 distributor (with a big help by PeterQ - member of that forum here, Peter, thanks again, I have learned a lot today!) and it was in a nice condition. But because the distributor belongs to early PI the range of advance is too narrow (just about 14 degree). Peter will adapt the advance to my CR PI later that year. Until that happens I drive the Lucas and removed the powerspark distributor again. Even it works fin at the end I do not really trust it. But good to have it as a spare part.