As it’s Thursday !

Just to lighten things a little. This may be restricted to only FAcebook users, not sure, you must turn the sound up.

https://www.facebook.com/100005340018935/videos/1426376704216983/

Edited by SuzanneH

That was a localised outbreak of Frank N Furter syndrome.

Normally only contagious in theatres.

1 hour ago, RobH said:

:blink::blink:  So has anyone any idea just what-the-hell was going on there?   

Turn the sound up. They were residents of Enfield, Middlesex same county as us but might as well  be a million miles away.

2 hours ago, RobH said:

:blink::blink:  So has anyone any idea just what-the-hell was going on there?   

I take it you have not heard or seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Great stuff Suzanne, thanks for the giggle.

Paul

Hello All

Me and the Memsahib have been to see it twice in the old days Fake scars the lot !!!!

Roger

ps if you ever go to see the show and do not dress up you will feel really out of place!

On 5/7/2020 at 10:25 AM, RobH said:

So has anyone any idea just what-the-hell was going on there?   

Maybe I’ve always been a grumpy old man.
In the 1970’s I was living in Toronto, and my girlfriend asked if I’d like to go to the pictures one night to see “The Rocky Horror Show.” Apparently it had been running almost none stop for about a year at some cinema or other. Not knowing anything about it I said

“OK”.

I should have realized something odd was about to happen when I noticed that the majority of people in the queue to get in were … err… “Weird” looking.

This I did not mind. What I found totally irritating was, during the screening, the constant shouting out of the lines the actors were about to say. Lots of arm waving and  gesticulating.

When a woman took off her bra (in the film- not in the audience), and her breasts were exposed there was a loud shout of “LOP SIDED”.

I got the impression that most of the audience had been to see the film every night for the previous twelve months.

Being six foot three inches tall the seat was very uncomfortable so I had to sit at 45 degrees with my legs stretched out into the isle. Unfortunately part of the “Act” carried out by the audience included some of them dancing up and down the isle, which ended up with them tripping over my legs and then them blaming ME for not sitting properly in my seat.

We eventually left and got a taxi back to our flat. The driver seemed to be a 13 year old kid that was high on drugs of some sort.

So there you are Rob.

That's what was going on...

I'm sure it's still playing somewhere if you want to go and watch it.

Charlie.

This group in Enfield have done a number of 'productions' during lockdown. Don't know how to hunt them down though.

I saw the original cast performance of TRHPS at the old Chelsea Cinema on the Kings Road in 1973. Obviously, I had no idea that it was the start of a global phenomenon that would have a cult following to this day. They had removed a number of the seats in the centre of the stalls and extended a runway from the stage into the stalls. I hadn't got a clue about what was going on - pretty bewildering. And the sight of Tim Curry striding into the stalls along the runway was frankly pretty alarming at the time. Still, it was pretty entertaining and the DVD is now a firm family favourite as is doing the Time Warp!

Miles