Do I need to be turned on or not

image.png.ebee2b10df312f8101c4b1a1ce2ce667.pngWhat about something like this, electronic shut off valve with manual override.

Could be useful on a hidden switch as an anti theft device. ebay item no 163375165710

Incidentally, I always think its nice to be "turned on" :D.

Sorry, couldn`t resist.

Ralph

I had this problem many years ago. My answer was to dismantle it and remove the cork seal. I used a plumbing  torch and solder and sealed it open. If they want to steal your car they will collect it on a trailer anyway.   Good luck. Richard&  B

The threads on the original fuel tap are in fact UNF  This is borne out by the lock nut being JN2111 (1/2" unf lock nut)  and the fuel pipe nut is GRP6  (1/2" unf threaded pipe nut)

Moss supply a tap with lock nut and short extension pipes which for my money says they went off piste and had the tap produced with the wrong threads to original and to make the thing fittable had to add in the connection/fitting hardware.  Then again I could be wrong.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/tap-fuel-104818.html

Cheers

Peter W

image.png.b0412d1f53ab68d28cc21fbbb46c0ec4.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

One of the stupid deletions executed by Triumph when moving from TR3/3A to TR4 was the petrol tap, because without a tap in place, it's difficult to disconnect the pump without wasting petrol unless the tank is nearly empty or if one jacks the front of the car way off the ground. 

Hence the reason my TR4 has a tap fitted. 

Ian Cornish