Evening folks 

I've fitted lots of bushes over the years but after an hour and more of trying various methods to fit these rubbers/tubes (part 10 from you guessed it Rimmers why do I keep buying from them I don't know) I've given up after splitting two. Compared to the old ones they are twice as thick or at least 6 of them are two others are much thinner so a mixed bag of sizes. Anyone know of a better supplier for these and any tips of how to fit them.

I think the Rimmer ones are sized incorrectly as the metal tubes (11) are tearing the rubber grommets as you draw them through and that's with a good layer of grease applied.

image.png.07f59e63e3abe2e940bd1bb11685d6da.png

Should have been a five minute job!

Thanks Andy 

Hi Andy, I wouldn’t bother with the rubber ones. Mine lasted about 6 months before they almost all disintegrated so I replaced them with blue super pro ones, fitted a treat and been on now for about 4 years and still as good as new.

https://www.larkspeed.com/?p=28SPF0275K&a=i

Edited by Kevo_6
20 minutes ago, Kevo_6 said:

Hi Andy, I wouldn’t bother with the rubber ones. Mine lasted about 6 months before they almost all disintegrated so I replaced them with blue super pro ones, fitted a treat and been on now for about 4 years and still as good as new.

https://www.larkspeed.com/?p=28SPF0275K&a=i

+1

I have also used the blue polyurethane bushes. They fit fine and don't fall apart. 

Nigel

IIRC Rimmers are selling the wiper mounting rubber grommets as the ones for the fan and they arent. The poly substitutes are a better bet.

Stuart.

Thanks all

I never thought anyone would go to the trouble of making poly ones I'll get some ordered.

Andy