Just when you thought it could not get much crazier.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1277935/bbc-licence-fee-council-tax-band-cost-value-of-house-property

I can can see that if this gains any traction the people will not stand for it. A bit like we pay more for our water and sewage as the tax band increases.

The BBC is outdated and no longer fit for purpose, massive salaries, mediocre actors, failed at everything else pundits with a leftist agenda.

What the hell does Broadband have to do with keeping the BBC afloat, or the value of your property costs you a larger fee to the |BBC.

I don't watch live TV in any case and no one in the family does either.

Is this going to be slipped in while we are on lockdown, like over reaching Police powers which seem to be being interpreted differently by different Police men and women.

Is surveince by drones going to become the norm?

Rod

I can always remember a few years ago being in London for a presentation/conference at Queen Elizabeth Hall and during the lunch break there was some sort of breaking news happening that was being covered by the media.

The BBC team was far and away bigger than everyone else including ITV.  An example of their lack of control of costs.

Rgds Ian

I get increasingly frustrated at the BBC "News" reporting.

Watching the lunchtime news now and they run a story on the tracing app on IOW - but focus hugely on the 'data security risk' when at the Press conference yesterday, and again on the morning news the experts and Matt Hancock explained that nothing will be stored anywhere other than on the users phone unless and until someone needs to contact the NHS then it will be shared with the NHS. I don't know why the Government bother with the daily press conference when they get asked all the same questions by the BBC presenters/journalists on every subsequent news program. 

Another news item on aircraft overcrowding cites an 'anonymous source' regarding issues on BA flights. This is lazy journalism - go and find out, ask Aer Lingus why they are even flying for example.

BBC News has become BBC "Wild speculation and scaremongering" and has been so for some while, sadly.

The BBC is no longer a public service broadcaster more a public disservice broadcaster. So much of it's reporting and output is politically biased or aimed at furthering it's own agenda.

Time to return to the old Broadcast Receiving Licence at a nominal fee and let the BBC stand on its laurels for funding

1 hour ago, Ian Vincent said:

I can always remember a few years ago being in London for a presentation/conference at Queen Elizabeth Hall and during the lunch break there was some sort of breaking news happening that was being covered by the media.

The BBC team was far and away bigger than everyone else including ITV.  An example of their lack of control of costs.

Rgds Ian

It happens everywhere that the BBC is involved in. I've heard celebrities state that the way to identify the BBC presenters when in a melee is look for the largest group all under one control, presenter, boom man, sound recordist, camera man etc etc and sometimes an on site director if it's an on going report. The rest of the world manage with presenter (who often wields the boom or microphone) and cameraman/sound recordist.

Any of the large "cultural" events held across the UK Glastonbury, The Fringe at Edinburgh and others attract a swarm of BBC hangers on from the corporation all trying to rub shoulders from the luvvies and the general gravy train. I remember it was reported by the BBC themselves about 5 years ago that the Edinburgh Fringe coverage had got out of hand and the head count had reached 155 ! and only come to light when in house productions were starting to become affected by the lack of main site personnel  because many were resiting to Edinburgh for the month of August !

Mick Richards   

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Some say the BBC is no longer an independent broadcasting company interested in unbiased reporting. 

I understand a recent complaint was made that the doctors interviewed regarding PPE were hand picked having been or are Labour activists. If this is confirmed.

Has the BBC become politically manipulating, instead of unbiased? If so perhaps they should not be the countries funded Broadcasting company. 

22 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

I've heard celebrities state that the way to identify the BBC presenters when in a melee is look for the largest group all under one control, presenter, boom man, sound recordist, camera man etc etc and sometimes an on site director if it's an on going report. 

Mick Richards   

Maybe the BBC is just a government job-creation scheme... :ph34r:

The BBC does it again!

I watch the Corona Virus Update Press Conference program most days. Quite often, the BBC cuts away to the Weather(!) before it ends. Today they did that just as Jenrick was saying "That's a very important question to end on...".

The Corona Virus update program is specifically for that conference, and the weather is shown in the News, which follows on straight after. They even cut away on the BBC News Channel so there was no way to see/hear that final answer live.

Very very poor.