LDH to RHD Pedals move.

I have read that when moving the pedal box during a LHD to RHD conversion there is a requirement to bend the pedals using some heat.  Presumably this is to give clearance for the clutch pedal not to interfere with the transmission tunnel - how much do the pedals need to be moved?  I would expect to have to bend them both to maintain the 4 inch gap between the pedals. 

Hi Bob, thanks for the offer.  I am using the standard master cylinders which use the shared reservoir.  Don't suppose you have a RHD dashboard you don't need?

I have a fibreglass RHD dashboard going cheap, was going to use it myself but took the plunge and bought a steel copy.

Ralph.

5 hours ago, Bob Smith said:

Just to be clear it appears that you are using a Lockheed Master cylinder see https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID200447   

then the RHD pedals I have will fit your existing pedal box assembly with no modification necessary, don't have a RHD dashboard though!

Thanks Bob, this is the type I have.

Regards,

Mark

tr24_14_03_04.jpg

5 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

I have a fibreglass RHD dashboard going cheap, was going to use it myself but took the plunge and bought a steel copy.

Ralph.

Many thanks Ralph, I am going to go for a steel one; where did you get your copy from?

Regards,

Mark

Mark.

Yours is the later Girling type. with independant cylinders for brakes & clutch.

The Lockheed  version (earlier) has a shared twin bore cylinder.

I converted a set of LHD Girling pedals to RHD, no heat was used, just a little bending.

20200504_145304.jpg.749a93d8ecffe5ee1b9dc6f6ee980b5e.jpg

2 hours ago, Lebro said:

Mark.

Yours is the later Girling type. with independant cylinders for brakes & clutch.

The Lockheed  version (earlier) has a shared twin bore cylinder.

I converted a set of LHD Girling pedals to RHD, no heat was used, just a little bending.

20200504_145304.jpg.749a93d8ecffe5ee1b9dc6f6ee980b5e.jpg

Many thanks for this.  The thing is my pedals from the LHD look the same with the brake pedal being straight and a slight kink to the left for the clutch pedal.  I fitted them in the right hand side yesterday and although there is no dip switch or steering in place, there still appeared to be plenty of room.  My inclination is to leave them as is.

4 hours ago, markaluge said:

Many thanks for this.  The thing is my pedals from the LHD look the same with the brake pedal being straight and a slight kink to the left for the clutch pedal.  I fitted them in the right hand side yesterday and although there is no dip switch or steering in place, there still appeared to be plenty of room.  My inclination is to leave them as is.

I found the same when I moved mine across, I couldn`t really see how they differed much from the proper right hand drive items, perhaps if side by side you would be able to see, but I`ve left mine as they are for now. If anything its my throttle pedal that needs bending away from the bulkhead side a bit then the gap between all the pedals will be pretty much equal.

The steel copy dash I bought last year at Lincoln triumph day , don't know who it was from though. A lot of work to mark and drill all the various holes, but covered it and fitted it last week and quite pleased with the result.

IMG-20200427-WA0000.jpg

And a pic today of it covered. Instruments are only sat in there to get the full effect, and I have got a shiny new steering wheel ,the old one just to use moving it around. 

20200504_213223.jpg

Rack and pinion. Mine looked something like that at the start of the lockdown. I have been working on it every day apart from one since .