Faulty Brake lights / indicat

Hello

This is my first post, so please be gentle. I have recently discovered that the brake lights and indicators do not work on my TR250 (somebody shook their fist at me as I turned left!). I have checked all the bulbs, fuses, and tested the electric supply to the lights, and the switches - no problems with any of that. The hazard warning light circuit and relay is also fine. I am wondering if perhaps it is a problem with the earth, I am not sure of the earth location, but maybe there is some kind of link with the brakes and indicators? Any thoughts on what to check next?

Thanks
Steve

The light assembly should have some shake proof washers on the 4 mounting studs  Item#62  here  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/electrical-system/lighting/front-side-rear-lamps-tr5-tr250-1967-68.html

Make sure the paint is off under the washers, perhaps they are there but just need cleaning.

The side indicators have their own earth wire that goes back in the wiring loom to the front somewhere still looking for its attachment point at the front.

John